Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MODEL: Seltos SX (Canadian)
- Owned for 1 year, driven 24,000kms

DRIVEN SO FAR: Daily commute for work, lots of road trips, Canadian Rockies (summer and winter), packed up for camping trips, 4 adults occasionally, and some mild off road (gravel, dirt, fields etc). Highway and City driving, but more highway.

THE GOOD:
  • no issues / problems so far
  • good amount of power even when fully loaded with adults and camping gear
  • great AWD system - handles Canadian Winter / Rockies much better than expected (with winter tires)
  • with seats folded down, a surprising amount of cargo space
  • gets good mileage (better than my former Kia Forte SX)
  • has no issues heating up in -45 Celsius Canadian Winter (seats get hot, steering wheel gets hot as well)
  • Air Conditioner manages well even with +35 Celsius and humid outside
  • at 6ft I can sit behind myself comfortably
  • full screen apple carplay is fantastic
  • tons of features - and the driving assist features work much better than most luxury vehicles

THE BAD:
  • road noise, wind noise; it's not a quiet vehicle
  • can be bumpy; firm suspension
  • missing some features that were in my older and cheaper Kia Forte, is disappointing
  • seats are on the firm side - they are comfortable but need breaks for longer trips
  • headlights could be brighter (while the hi-beams are super bright)
  • there is something about closing the doors, I feel like I need to be gentle with that, feel less solid
  • lots of hard plastic

OVERALL:
- I have no regrets with the Seltos, I'm extremely happy with it. Living in the Prairies, being winter capable was importable for me, and it does so much better than I expected. It has enough room, has given no issues so far, great set of features (that work well). There are some annoyances - however given the price point, I can overlook them. Definitely puts me on team Kia.

·
155 Posts
MODEL: Seltos SX (Canadian)
- Owned for 1 year, driven 24,000kms

DRIVEN SO FAR: Daily commute for work, lots of road trips, Canadian Rockies (summer and winter), packed up for camping trips, 4 adults occasionally, and some mild off road (gravel, dirt, fields etc). Highway and City driving, but more highway.

THE GOOD:
  • no issues / problems so far
  • good amount of power even when fully loaded with adults and camping gear
  • great AWD system - handles Canadian Winter / Rockies much better than expected (with winter tires)
  • with seats folded down, a surprising amount of cargo space
  • gets good mileage (better than my former Kia Forte SX)
  • has no issues heating up in -45 Celsius Canadian Winter (seats get hot, steering wheel gets hot as well)
  • Air Conditioner manages well even with +35 Celsius and humid outside
  • at 6ft I can sit behind myself comfortably
  • full screen apple carplay is fantastic
  • tons of features - and the driving assist features work much better than most luxury vehicles

THE BAD:
  • road noise, wind noise; it's not a quiet vehicle
  • can be bumpy; firm suspension
  • missing some features that were in my older and cheaper Kia Forte, is disappointing
  • seats are on the firm side - they are comfortable but need breaks for longer trips
  • headlights could be brighter (while the hi-beams are super bright)
  • there is something about closing the doors, I feel like I need to be gentle with that, feel less solid
  • lots of hard plastic

OVERALL:
- I have no regrets with the Seltos, I'm extremely happy with it. Living in the Prairies, being winter capable was importable for me, and it does so much better than I expected. It has enough room, has given no issues so far, great set of features (that work well). There are some annoyances - however given the price point, I can overlook them. Definitely puts me on team Kia.
I would have to agree with you! I just turned 40,000 miles this weekend after a year and a half of ownership. Only major issue was a bubble on a tire at 18,000 miles. Of course the Tire Pressure Monitor went crazy as the bubble would expand and contract due to driving. Since it was the tire and not the mechanicals of the Seltos its self, just bought new tires.

Great vehicle for the price.

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
98 Posts
I agree with most of that, however I find the seats very comfortable in my SX, while I find the AC to be lacking. Road noise and wind noise are definitely not the best. I think the wind noise legit improved though when I installed the OEM KIA vent visors. Even without the noise reduction, they are a MUST BUY for everyone in my opinion. They are awesome! The headlights are actually pretty good in IMO. My last car was a bit better, but I think these do just fine!

You definitely feel the bumps in this vehicle, but I was more thinking it was the low profile tires that come with the 18” rims. While the American model is missing some key features, it certainly does have a few other ones that I never had before- mostly safety. I actually like my BOSE system quite a bit too, even though you would think it would be better than it is. I’m definitely not a fan of the 10 minute remote start, and the range is horrendous.

No major problems yet with mine, and my one year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks! Just a few minor annoyances like the front camera (or one of them) being recalled, and the little cover for the hidden key hole on the door handle had to be replaced- ordered, as it kept popping off.

At this point, I am not sure if I would get a KIA again. Hopefully they have some cars back in stock though when my 3 years more of my lease is up. If I stay with KIA, I would likely go for a bit more space/size if I can afford it. The new Sportage design is fire! And I am also a big fan of the current Sorrento. The Telluride is nice too, but I don’t need all that!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts