Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm Heidi. Switched from being a faithful owner of multiple Honda CRV's to the 2021 Seltos EX in 11/2021.

I bought it pre-owned with 5k miles. Within the first month my horn failed and noticed some annoying but seemingly mild issues.
CarPlay - mind of its own - works when it wants to.
Stop-Start - not restarting and holding me up in traffic, once completely shut off my car at a green light.
Sticking in 3000RPM extended period of time before switching gears.
Seatbelt indicator going off for 10+ minutes when I am the only passenger and I'm buckled. Have to turn off car and restart.
Have to press my push to start 2x to get my "accessory" indicator to go off

At my 35k maintenance the dealership replaced both horn and seatbelt sensor. Within 45 days all of my issues returned. Here I am less than 2mo from my last service and they're replacing my horn again. I told them about these issues and they aaid no other codes are coming up. They're making me feel like I'm crazy.

Ready to trade it already. 2022 worth it?

·
Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
308 Posts
Hi I'm Heidi. Switched from being a faithful owner of multiple Honda CRV's to the 2021 Seltos EX in 11/2021.

I bought it pre-owned with 5k miles. Within the first month my horn failed and noticed some annoying but seemingly mild issues.
CarPlay - mind of its own - works when it wants to.
Stop-Start - not restarting and holding me up in traffic, once completely shut off my car at a green light.
Sticking in 3000RPM extended period of time before switching gears.
Seatbelt indicator going off for 10+ minutes when I am the only passenger and I'm buckled. Have to turn off car and restart.
Have to press my push to start 2x to get my "accessory" indicator to go off

At my 35k maintenance the dealership replaced both horn and seatbelt sensor. Within 45 days all of my issues returned. Here I am less than 2mo from my last service and they're replacing my horn again. I told them about these issues and they aaid no other codes are coming up. They're making me feel like I'm crazy.

Ready to trade it already. 2022 worth it?
We love our '22 SX, no issues at all.
Sounds like you got one that someone traded back in for a reason. (only 5K) A lot of those issues wouldn't show up on a quick test drive for a certification, only when you drive it everyday and for extended periods of time.

·
238 Posts
I made 2 trips to the dealer until they got it right.The first horn replacement stop working in about a month.It only acted up in the cold weather.The dealer said that moisture got into the horn and froze the cone.The second horn has been working good and it doesn't have a lame sound to it.I think they used a horn out of a Forte.

·
99 Posts
I've not long found and joined this forum, as I'm in Australia, but already, reading about the complaints folk appear to be having, I am starting to wonder if those cars made during the Covid peak, when supplies of vital electronic chips etc, and other mechanical parts, were in very short supply, just might, I repeat might, have had some somewhat inferior replacements used, as my late 2019 model (basically the first of the model) works perfectly in every way. Damn, I hope I haven't jinxed myself now...but seriously, the faults all seem to be limited to those made from late 2020 on.

·
Super Moderator
308 Posts
Our ‘22 has been flawless so far (got it end of May)…and let’s face it, negative experiences tend to get amplified far more than positive ones. I think the ratio of good vehicles to bad is better than most manufacturers, with the defective units being a fairly small percentage.

·
99 Posts
Our ‘22 has been flawless so far (got it end of May)…and let’s face it, negative experiences tend to get amplified far more than positive ones. I think the ratio of good vehicles to bad is better than most manufacturers, with the defective units being a fairly small percentage.
I'm sure you're right Speedtek. I purchased the top model here because I knew that in no time more of the goodies would trickle down to the lower models, and then I'd feel miffed if I didn't have them. Even so, looking recently at a review of the upcoming 2023 model, not only has that has happened, but also the top models have a powered tailgate and memory for the driver seat. Damn..! Both those would be nice - had the memory seat in the Outback we replaced. Not an issue for me personally as now sadly the wife's health prevents her driving anyway, but for many those would be good features to have.

Not that fussed on the cosmetic front and rear and mag wheel changes - in fact I like our mag wheels better, and others have commented the same, but the powered tailgate and driver seat memory would be a definite plus I think. But does the 2023 model have the head up display mine has. I think not. The latests Sportage does not - not here anyway. Shortage of chips issue..?
Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
308 Posts
Powered lift gate would be nice, but wasn't a huge deal for me...the memory seats on the other hand...
Every vehicle I've owned in the last 20 years has had them (including my old 96-97 UrS6's) and they are missed...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts