Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
25 Posts
If you can, waiting will be better. First they will most likely come out with the seltos that have the missing options that the other countries get, and second it will have been out for a while and you can get it at a lower cost with more options. I would be pissed if I got one and then in a year I see it come out with all the other options and hear people getting deals on them. I guess it depends on what you are looking for but this is still the first month of release it will be better once inventory increases and the year goes on if you cant wait for the next model year. But with a mark up, that would drive me looking elsewhere.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
70 Posts
Very true! I wasn't even aware this car just came out. I actually had it down to 3, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 & Mazda CX 5. Impulse buy I suppose, LOL.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
201 Posts
Pennsylvania, Phila area
great now add this info and what you are driving in the "Accounts settings" (upper right click on your avatar) so that it will show up each time you post and then we won't have to ask you any more. :D

·
10 Posts
Just for those asking, you are looking for a fee or price increase listed as "Market Adjustment" or "Market Value Adjustment". It could easily be some other combination of those words though.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just for those asking, you are looking for a fee or price increase listed as "Market Adjustment" or "Market Value Adjustment". It could easily be some other combination of those words though.
Thanks. I have not seen that yet so maybe in my area they have already dropped that idea.....or haven't done it yet.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
70 Posts
Tree Sap, UV Damage, Food Drink Stains, (best one) Hail & Acorn damage, LOL!
Pissed off at myself for accepting this BS.

·
25 Posts
Dang, then they just stick an overall price on there didn't even bother to itimize how much the insect damage repair is. ? Is that where the guy wipes the bug guts off your bumper with a cloth and spray bottle. They are missing meteorite damage restoration too.

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Of course , that is not a mark up sticker.

Anyhow....where is the rock filled snow ball protection???

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Actually, even though those are pricey additions, in 5 years you can get a lot of door dings and tiny dents. So that is at least some useful coverage. Lots of dealers try to stick with less useful coverage than that.
I would definitely make use of that.

·
201 Posts
$29,160 - is this a FWD S or AWD S.
Maybe they gave you far more for your trade, just to make it look impressive. :)

Seltos S FWD - $21,990 + 1,120 = $23,110
Seltos S AWD - $23,490 + 1,120 = $24,610

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
70 Posts
It's the S model AWD, I'm really upset with myself, for letting this get by me. Funny responses. If the inspections hold true, here in PA it's about $130 per year, but still doesn't add up to the $4000.

·
4 Posts
I'm always of the thought that you should pay below MSRP on any vehicle you buy so if it is not below I dont buy. Depends in how bad you want it. I would look at the Kia Sportage for a better deal and features for the money. See if you can get Costco discounts etc.
A Costco discount may be worth pursuing eventually; I looked at it a few days ago and the discount on the SX was only $7.

·
201 Posts
I must say that I admire you for willing to come on here and state that "you was taken" , not many people would do that.

·
9 Posts
not surprised at the introductory lease rate by kia canada . 4.99 % over 48 months .you can lease a soul for 1.99% .also , the residual value of 14,997 (lease end buyout price) seems a bit high on the lx awd . msrp 27,179 + tax if finance

·
4 Posts
I am hearing from dealers that they are marking up Seltos $1995 over MSRP. (One salesman said his GM gave him permission to wave that)

Wondering how many would pay that just to be the "first on the block" to have a Seltos?
I certainly will not overpay on one. I've made a few bad deals in the past, and don't plan on repeating. A dealership will always try to get the most they can, but I'm learning to wait.

In Canada, the price I'll pay, will be the price of a EX on the kia web page. I don't expect any discounts.

I think the price for a Seltos is quite fair - for what you get.

·
4 Posts
Acorn damage almost made me spit out my coffee.

You never know, some of those additions might help you some day.

·
51 Posts
Mark ups don't matter. Don't pay them. One week after the Seltos SXs started to hit the ground, I bought an SX from a dealer who was marking them up $2,500 over MSRP for $1,900 under MSRP and it was for a car that was not on the lot yet. Don't obsess over what they want. Tell them what you are willing to pay. I told the salesman that I had two perfectly working cars that I intend to keep and I really didn't need this one. I used the current transactional prices for the Hyundai Kona Ultimate to leverage the price for the Seltos. They had a Gravity Gray SX with a sunroof at the port for $29,955. I paid $28,000 for it. No trade to hide profit, no warranty add on, no extras. Sign and go.

If you're ready to buy, they will move if you are certain about the buy and are resolved about the price. They may be even more motivated to sell now than they were then because reduced foot traffic due to the stock market drop and coronavirus.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts