Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased CPO Seltos LX in September 2020 with about 6000 miles. Manufacture date 11/19. Was marked down about $3325 from MSRP. I guess it was too good to be true.
  • HVAC blower blows even when the car is off but eventually won't work at all when the car is running. Cause - melted blower motor relay and/or resistor. Replaced HVAC blower motor twice, resistor twice, relays three times, engine wiring harness, and dashboard wiring twice.
  • Engine would overheat when going up hills or in stop and go traffic. Dealership attributed it to above mentioned electrical issues. Replaced engine fuse box and relays. Vehicle still overheated after this was done and sprayed coolant everywhere.
  • Loss of engine power. Going up a hill around 70 MPH and the engine lost nearly all power. Pulled to the shoulder and restarted after about 10 minutes and power was very limited. Dealer checked and there is coolant in the crankcase. Engine may shot and replacement would likely need to come from Korea.
Vehicle has been in for warranty repairs 53 days and counting. Currently has about 10015 miles on it. Kia is offering a buyback.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
34 Posts
Is Kia really offering to buy it back from you? Are they offering full purchase price? Would be curious of the process. I was looking at moving on to a Chevy Trailblazer but not excited about taking a huge loss of $$$ for trading in a new car. Let me know.. Thanks for sharing!

·
86 Posts
Is Kia really offering to buy it back from you? Are they offering full purchase price? Would be curious of the process. I was looking at moving on to a Chevy Trailblazer but not excited about taking a huge loss of $$$ for trading in a new car. Let me know.. Thanks for sharing!
They aren't going to buy back your car becuase you are unhappy. He has a car that they failed to properly repair within an acceptable time period.

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
98 Posts
What makes you want a Trailblazer instead? Mist would agree that the Seltos trample all over the Trailblazer..

·
92 Posts
My Kia Seltos is still a problem child.
Still now n then reverse or drive wont engage till I turn the ignition off then on again.
Had 3 times the Cruise control logged in my required speed yet slowed down and kept slowing down when set and engaged. Each time had to set, cancel, set, cancel, set, cancel then it would work.
Still nothing shows when they check for codes. So much about this Seltos I like but these constant bugs and glitches utterly [email protected]*# me off.

·
86 Posts
My Kia Seltos is still a problem child.
Still now n then reverse or drive wont engage till I turn the ignition off then on again.
Had 3 times the Cruise control logged in my required speed yet slowed down and kept slowing down when set and engaged. Each time had to set, cancel, set, cancel, set, cancel then it would work.
Still nothing shows when they check for codes. So much about this Seltos I like but these constant bugs and glitches utterly [email protected]*# me off.
Anything you noticed on when it fails to go into gear to help replicate it? It sounds like transmission problems. Can you take a video with your phone when it fails to go to drive or reverse again? In these circumstances, it helps to have your own higher level scan tool to see if there are pending codes being thrown and log what the transmission and engine ecus is doing at that moment. Pending codes might clear on an ignition cycle. If you find the transmission fault, I suspect the cruise control fault goes away too.

·
2021 Seltos SX T-GDI StarBright Yellow lost somewhere in Texas
9 Posts
always take your vehicle to CARMAX for a free value appraisal ---otherwise you're in the dark for worth.

·
3 Posts
Purchased CPO Seltos LX in September 2020 with about 6000 miles. Manufacture date 11/19. Was marked down about $3325 from MSRP. I guess it was too good to be true.
  • HVAC blower blows even when the car is off but eventually won't work at all when the car is running. Cause - melted blower motor relay and/or resistor. Replaced HVAC blower motor twice, resistor twice, relays three times, engine wiring harness, and dashboard wiring twice.
  • Engine would overheat when going up hills or in stop and go traffic. Dealership attributed it to above mentioned electrical issues. Replaced engine fuse box and relays. Vehicle still overheated after this was done and sprayed coolant everywhere.
  • Loss of engine power. Going up a hill around 70 MPH and the engine lost nearly all power. Pulled to the shoulder and restarted after about 10 minutes and power was very limited. Dealer checked and there is coolant in the crankcase. Engine may shot and replacement would likely need to come from Korea.
Vehicle has been in for warranty repairs 53 days and counting. Currently has about 10015 miles on it. Kia is offering a buyback.
I'd take the buyback. Wish I would get that offer

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Model - Mars orange
34 Posts
What makes you want a Trailblazer instead? Mist would agree that the Seltos trample all over the Trailblazer..
I did test drive the Chevy Trailbazer & it started smoking & smelled really bad. They said it was just “burn it” but it was extreme to me. Also was not as roomy as the seltos. After I installed electric Lumbar in my seats & changed out the sunvisors, I actually love my Seltos now. Then yesterday I see my car is having an engine recall & entire engine has to be replaced....not liking that idea at all...

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
98 Posts
I did test drive the Chevy Trailbazer & it started smoking & smelled really bad. They said it was just “burn it” but it was extreme to me. Also was not as roomy as the seltos. After I installed electric Lumbar in my seats & changed out the sunvisors, I actually love my Seltos now. Then yesterday I see my car is having an engine recall & entire engine has to be replaced....not liking that idea at all...
Well, that was definitely a bad first impression of the trailblazer! They always catch my eye when I see one though. Glad to hear it’s not as nice as the Seltos.

Yeah, I feel real bad for everyone who has to go through the engine ordeal. KIA should give some sort of rebate to everyone that has to go through all that trouble.

·
49 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts