Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1 Posts
Been looking into this kit. Did anyone who install it also use the shock extensions that TRUXXX offers for the rear? Just not sure how necessary they are for this specific lift.

I don't really plan on doing any hard off roading, just light trails occasionally if any.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been looking into this kit. Did anyone who install it also use the shock extensions that TRUXXX offers for the rear? Just not sure how necessary they are for this specific lift.

I don't really plan on doing any hard off roading, just light trails occasionally if any.
Without it rear of your car will run very tight (Compression Issue)

·
237 Posts
Added 2inch lift then went to 16inch wheels and 215/65-16 tires. Going to add 1inch wheel spacers when they get delivered.
I would be careful of those 16" tires on the 2" lift kit.Usually a set up like that would require an 18" minimum or 19" tire and it should be a lot wider.You are changing you center of gravity with that lift kit.It may give you better traction(smaller tire) but you are losing a fair amount of stability.Be careful of rollovers as the Seltos scored poorly in the rollover category in the crash tests and that was with a stock vehicle with a minimum 17" tire.

·
237 Posts
I would be careful of those 16" tires on the 2" lift kit.Usually a set up like that would require an 18" minimum or 19" tire and it should be a lot wider.You are changing you center of gravity with that lift kit.It may give you better traction(smaller tire) but you are losing a fair amount of stability.Be careful of rollovers as the Seltos scored poorly in the rollover category in the crash tests and that was with a stock vehicle with a minimum 17" tire.The wheel spacers will help you a bit hopefully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.