Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2021 Kia Seltos S FWD IVT (4 Cyl 2 L)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a Seltos S 2 days ago and are loving it so far, but I'm having difficulty getting the Android Auto to work with my USB cords. Ordered a nice Anker USB cord from Amazon and will try that. But I saw that with Android 11, wireless Android Auto will work with cars that are enabled for it, and I was wondering if the 2021 Kia Seltos S is enabled for it? Under WiFi Settings, there's a checkbox for "Use Wi-Fi for Phone Projection" which makes me think the car is enabled for it (see attached photo), but the Seltos isn't listed on this list of cars that support wireless Android Auto:

It seems like every Kia except Seltos is on there.

Also, does the Bluetooth alone recognize voice commands for making phone calls in your Seltos? In my car it says the Android Auto is the only thing that will recognize voice commands, but I've seen a 2021 Seltos S advertised with "Bluetooth wireless technology w/voice recognition."

Attachments

·
21 Posts
My Seltos S has wireless Apple Carplay. There an icon on the home page that walks you through the wireless operation.
I'll have my Android phone back tomorrow. I will let you know.

·
14 Posts
Yes, I can confirm that it does have wireless Android Auto as well. All you have to do is connect via bluetooth and it will ask if you want to enable AA.
I have a Seltos S and AA is not available. I wasn't even able to find the wifi settings. Can you explain how can you use AA wireless? Thanks in advance

·
21 Posts
I have a Seltos S and AA is not available. I wasn't even able to find the wifi settings. Can you explain how can you use AA wireless? Thanks in advance
It's an option I believe. It doesn't come standard. I didn't do anything with Wifi settings.

·
1 Posts
I'm just curious as to those who have a Seltos S, 8 inch screen, without navigation, but with wireless AA or Carplay. What are your model, SW version, and firmware versions?

US Seltos S here.
Model = SP2N195.DVAMN.F1US
SW Ver. = SP2.USA.D2V.001.002.200122
Firmware Ver. = SP2.USA.V116.191018

My wired Android Auto experiences frequent dropped connections no matter the quality of the cable. The same phone connected to other vehicles with AA has no dropped connections. I was hoping a wireless AA would be an improvement of sorts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts