Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that all the MotorTrend, YouTube, Kelly Blue Book, etc. show the Seltos in a Starbright Yellow with a Black Cherry Top? Like ONLY that color? Yet there is not one to be found in the entire United States to purchase! This is the color I want. I would buy it today if I could get it. It feels like Kia is misrepresenting the car. Like false advertising. It only comes in bland White Black Grey Blue colors. Sorry, too boring. Guess I'll wait and see if the 2022 model comes out in that color. Using the Kia.com website that color is not even listed as an option....again misrepresentation.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
200 Posts
it shows up on the Kia US website to me.

·
13 Posts
The car has been available for like 6 weeks.

And there's a little something serious happening globally and in South Korea that might be affecting availability.

The color I want is one you mentioned being boring and available...yet here I am waiting for my dealer to get access to one.

Be patient.

·
51 Posts
What...every 1st Seltos SX shipped to every dealer around me had that very same two tone paint scheme! I was thinking that I wish they would get the other colors in inventory. I've seen too many black/yellow and blue SXs.

Sorry about your luck but alleging misrepresentation is not going to produce the car you seek. There have been a few yellow/black SX and S models I've seen of on lots when I was shopping for my gravity gray SX.

Maybe you should be slow to make allegations that are clearly false. I don't know how hard you tried to search but I just found 26 SXs nationwide on autotrader as of today, 03/15/20. I didn't look for S models so I'm sure there's more than 26 in yellow/black.

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
63 Posts
I wanted the same color combination, but settled for the dark blue/white top S series. I've also noticed that because of the world situation, that they're not manufacturing many of them, only an assumption. Since I purchased my Seltos, I have yet to see another on the road. But very happy with it, just wished I purchased the SX though.

·
1 Posts
I reserved and received a 2021 Seltos in the starbright yellow about 5 weeks ago and received it last week, yes they do exist but in limited supply.

·
1 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that all the MotorTrend, YouTube, Kelly Blue Book, etc. show the Seltos in a Starbright Yellow with a Black Cherry Top? Like ONLY that color? Yet there is not one to be found in the entire United States to purchase! This is the color I want. I would buy it today if I could get it. It feels like Kia is misrepresenting the car. Like false advertising. It only comes in bland White Black Grey Blue colors. Sorry, too boring. Guess I'll wait and see if the 2022 model comes out in that color. Using the Kia.com website that color is not even listed as an option....again misrepresentation.

I got one on Saturday
. There were 4 in Portland Or area today there is 1.

·
9 Posts
my dealer has 9 seltos with a variety of trims and colors . I dont think the 2 tone yellow/black roof is available in canada .

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
200 Posts
my dealer has 9 seltos with a variety of trims and colors . I dont think the 2 tone yellow/black roof is available in canada .
no two-tone colours on Canadian models.

·
51 Posts
Yeah, I heard something like that from Brantford Kia on their YouTube channel. Canadian dealers or Kia of Canada were given a choice between the two-tone or a sunroof. They choose the sunroof. We get either the sunroof or two tone but get less equipment. I think Canada got the better deal. I'll trade you the two tone paint for the heads up display and cooled seats.

·
25 Posts
To the OP ...Believe it or not ...the very first Seltos I test drove was that Starbright Yellow. IT was at a high volume dealer in Pennsylvania. I liked the color ...it was very eye-catching (almost glows) but I was concerned that I would grow tired of it after a while. Besides, I was sure my best buddy would have tortured me to death for having a 'cat-shit yellow' car ...his analysis ...not mine, LOL. I ended up getting the Neptune blue and am really happy with that color, much more so than I thought I'd be. I see a lot of blue SUVs from other car companies but I like my Neptune Blue better than any other I've seen. My only wish is that they would have offered a Cherry Red (in America) like in the above header ...or like they offer in the Stinger. I would have jumped all over that color in a heartbeat!

·
25 Posts
Yeah, I heard something like that from Brantford Kia on their YouTube channel. Canadian dealers or Kia of Canada were given a choice between the two-tone or a sunroof. They choose the sunroof. We get either the sunroof or two tone but get less equipment. I think Canada got the better deal. I'll trade you the two-tone paint for the heads up display and cooled seats.
So Canada got cooled seats? ....But Florida, USA ...or anywhere in the USA didn't? What the hell? Who made that idiotic decision at KIA? I would give up my 'small' sunroof for a heads up display and cooled seats as well! The sunroof is nice (though small) but I don't use it a lot. The heads up display would be awesome! Does it show the "next turn" info from the navigation system?

·
51 Posts
So Canada got cooled seats? ....But Florida, USA ...or anywhere in the USA didn't? What the hell? Who made that idiotic decision at KIA? I would give up my 'small' sunroof for a heads up display and cooled seats as well! The sunroof is nice (though small) but I don't use it a lot. The heads up display would be awesome! Does it show the "next turn" info from the navigation system?
There's just no telling why things ended up the way they did. I suspect Canadians are willing more for the privilege.

·
13 Posts
Since the 2021 is already out in early 2020, I feel they may have held back a few features on both markets so that they could have a mid-year refresh. Is that a thing? Or have features to immediately add for 2022.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts