Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 21 Seltos S 2.0 AWD left us stranded the other day engine stalled and car would not go over 8 miles an hour...
After shutting off and turning on a few times no luck check engine light is on had to get it towed.

Another person on Facebook just had the same issue twice...

Dealer can I find no issues cleared codes misfire piston three and four cars running fine...

What's going on?

·
196 Posts
I will make you aware that there is an outstanding recall on the Seltos for defective oil piston rings[RINGS ARE NOT TEMPERED ENOUGH]. Frequent stalling is one of the signs you may have that issue.Google it and you will see the full explanation.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will make you aware that there is an outstanding recall on the Seltos for defective oil piston rings[RINGS ARE NOT TEMPERED ENOUGH]. Frequent stalling is one of the signs you may have that issue.Google it and you will see the full explanation.
Thanks. I am aware of recall. This seems a little different, I think. Maybe a bad coil or fuel pump

·
9 Posts
Then emc and their black box recording is horrible in these vehicles. We has an issue where passenger front wheel break was engaging periodically while driving. And the logs showed nothing even though it lite up the dash like a Christmas tree everytime it happened. Luckily I had a video of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts