Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wellll I already bought a drop in air filter. And I have 2 catch cans for itm im going to re-route the intake piping PRE airbox (the bend under the frame rail is stupid)

Eventually if a good tune came out I would get it but im not.going to tune ot for 20whp and 35tq.. if something with some serious gains came up I would do it

And why? Because its good for multiple people to sit in and have room. Little higher up. Decent mpg. Little low on power but still fun. And it looks like a poor mans land rover from the front if you squint hard enough lol

·
25 Posts
Nice car by the way. I have a SXT AWD in Neptune Blue. It's the first blue car I've ever owned &
I really love the color. Where did you find the "drop-in Air Filter"? Is it supposed to increase air intake & create better horsepower?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposed to... yes. I did it to hopefully hear the spool better from the turbo. If that doesnt work maybe one day I'll buy an intake

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alot of Hyundai Kona stuff fits the Seltos. I believe i ordered a Kona one

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know that you do that with Kona and Seltos parts. That's really good to know!
Here is a pic of a Kona engine (crazy ass huge rubber hoses are for catch cans ignore those) but look at the engines.
Also he changed the turbo resonator pipe which is a mod im not to sure I believe in yet

Attachments

·
211 Posts
Here is a pic of a Kona engine (crazy ass huge rubber hoses are for catch cans ignore those) but look at the engines.
Also he changed the turbo resonator pipe which is a mod im not to sure I believe in yet
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to replace the turbo resonator pipe?

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they are like 20 plus shipping me personally. From my experience I wouldn't change them. I dont see them being a huge improvement atleast not a noticeable one. I bet a drop in Air filter would do more.

·
184 Posts
I think they are like 20 plus shipping me personally. From my experience I wouldn't change them. I dont see them being a huge improvement atleast not a noticeable one. I bet a drop in Air filter would do more.
That's good to know, at the very least 20 plus shipping isn't the end of the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts