Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is brand new and there is a definite vibration in the steering wheel at different speeds. No noise but it feels -thump......thump......thump. Had wheels balanced but they said tires not out of balance. Can't get in garage at Kia until December. Any suggestions??

·
3 Posts
I have a brand new S model with only 2000 miles on it and have not experienced any such thumping. To be able to have any idea what is going on a mechanic would probably have to see and experience what the vehicle is doing. Curious, does the thumping increase in speed and strength with an increase in the vehicle's speed? Do you feel/hear the thumping when braking or when turning? Since you had the wheels/tires balance checked out, the next item to check would probably be the transmission, oh boy - good luck and please keep us posted!

·
2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
124 Posts
It also may be the Lane Assist problems. That happened to me at around 1800 miles. Does it happen when you even slightly turn the steering wheel. On mine the "slightest" tilt of the steering wheel the lane assist comes on and turns grabbing the steering wheel, that's when I got the thumping, but only in the steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts