Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought my wife a brand new 2022 Kia Seltos back in February. We've now had 4 separate occasions where we go to start the car and a bunch of the warning lights start flashing telling us to check forward collision system, blind spot protection, etc. and the power steering stops working. Essentially the car starts with no issues but the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree. On one occasion it wouldn't even shift into gear. 3 of the times it fixed itself in a couple hours but the time it wouldn't shift into gear we had it towed into the dealer to which they spent close to 4 days working on it, reset the computer and said it was working fine. We are now at almost 6,000 miles and I thought maybe just a simple software update might fix it but that doesn't appear to be the case. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have it fixed? I've tried doing some research and it doesn't appear to be as common as a problem. I saw the other forum on here with a similar issue but haven't seen any updates on it. Hopefully someone can provide some insight!

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
334 Posts
It's unfortunate, but a lot of modern mechanics don't have a clue how to diagnose anything.
They just plug it into their OBD reader and follow the steps it presents them.
From the sounds of it this could be something as simple as a flaky ground right up to a faulty ECU, but intermittent faults are difficult to trace even when you know what you're doing...code readers don't have a hope in hell.
Hopefully they can find the problem, if nothing else they may just start throwing parts at it until it doesn't come back...lol

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick Update: after going back and forth with Kia we thought we were going to get a buy out. Instead, they decided to replace the entire engine wiring block. The way it was explained to us was it was essentially getting a new central nervous system. Picking it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed its fixed and thank goodness for the bumper to bumper warranty.

'22 Seltos SX Turbo // Snow White Pearl
38 Posts
Quick Update: after going back and forth with Kia we thought we were going to get a buy out. Instead, they decided to replace the entire engine wiring block. The way it was explained to us was it was essentially getting a new central nervous system. Picking it up tomorrow. Fingers crossed its fixed and thank goodness for the bumper to bumper warranty.
What was the outcome of having the wiring harness replaced? Did it solve your issue?

1 Posts
We bought my wife a brand new 2022 Kia Seltos back in February. We've now had 4 separate occasions where we go to start the car and a bunch of the warning lights start flashing telling us to check forward collision system, blind spot protection, etc. and the power steering stops working. Essentially the car starts with no issues but the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree. On one occasion it wouldn't even shift into gear. 3 of the times it fixed itself in a couple hours but the time it wouldn't shift into gear we had it towed into the dealer to which they spent close to 4 days working on it, reset the computer and said it was working fine. We are now at almost 6,000 miles and I thought maybe just a simple software update might fix it but that doesn't appear to be the case. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to have it fixed? I've tried doing some research and it doesn't appear to be as common as a problem. I saw the other forum on here with a similar issue but haven't seen any updates on it. Hopefully someone can provide some insight!
I had an issue today. The steering was all over the place. Then I noticed the lights coming on. I’m thinking it should be a recall on the make and model. Same as yours.

2 Posts
Power steering turning manual all lights dancing is an issue and had been complaining but no right answer from the dealer. It used to get changed to manual sunndley it acts like old hard steering like Maruti and other had before. No proper response. This has happened on highway and on peak traffic but they don't have any courses on the owner of the cars and just keep changing parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts