Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm in the market for an SX model within the next several months or so. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed that the U.S. editions don't seem to have the same options as some of the foreign editions.
For example, a full, panoramic sunroof, black roof option (with the sunroof), choice of rims, etc.
Ultimately, I'd love the X-series or a Nightfall edition . . . but I'm tied to my timeline of having to buy before the end of this year. I know the 2022's will be out by then, but from what I've read, it doesn't sound like there will be many changes here in the U.S.

Any thoughts as to what may be to come?

·
25 Posts
Yeah, I was actually shocked that even here in Canada we got a few more features that are not available in US models. Not going to complain though 😄

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
232 Posts
May 28 update, what's new for 2022 for the US market

LX AWD

• High Beam Assist (HBA)
  • Forward Collision Assist with pedestrian detection
  • Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
  • Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
  • Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
  • Lane Following Assist (LFA)

S FWD / AWD

• Navigation with 10.25-inch display
  • Smart key with push button start
  • Remote start added to key fob
  • LED interior lighting
  • Front USB charge port and one power outlet, rear USB charge port
  • UVO link connectivity
  • Auto climate control

Nightfall Edition AWD

• Exclusive design 18-inch black alloy wheels
  • Exclusive design black radiator grille
  • Rugged design stand-up roof rails
  • Rugged design side sills

SX AWD

• Sport steering wheel
  • Available Plum interior color

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
232 Posts
May 28 - US MSRP listing

·
116 Posts
So to be clear, the Nightfall won’t have the sunroof as an option? Also, anyone seen a note regarding ventilated seats?

·
53 Posts
Yeah, I was actually shocked that even here in Canada we got a few more features that are not available in US models. Not going to complain though 😄
Not fair. I wanted the Forte GT which came with cooled seats but not the Seltos. ugh. And no blacked out roof with a sun roof. :(

·
103 Posts
United States citizens are being discriminated against! People in India and Canada get all the goodies and all we get is a vehicle with very few. Why wouldn't you put a heated steering wheel on a Seltos in Colorado, Main, Chicago Etc? Why wouldn't you put cooled seats in a Seltos for Arizona, Texas, etc? Eith KIA is really stupid, or they don't like Americans!

·
137 Posts
Here's a review if interested - more safety on lower trims, new badging and Nightfall edition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts