Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
122 Posts
I found some pictures online "might be photoshop" of the Seltos 2022. Tell me what do you like about the current style and what would you change?
Has a bit more aggressive look to match some of the other models. as for changes, I think options would be a better start.

·
Premium Member
2021 Seltos SX Starbright Yellow
9 Posts
Has a bit more aggressive look to match some of the other models. as for changes, I think options would be a better start.
I agree with the options statement. I have an SX, but was a bit disappointed in available options for it. No passenger power seat, no memory driver seat, pathetic sounding Bose audio, panoramic sunroof, limited paint colors, and much more I could go on about. Gas mileage is also very disappointing. I'm an old guy and drive like an old guy, yet in town I can't even break 20 MPG. It's usually in the high teens. The service writer at the dealership says oh it'll get better after 12,000 miles. WTF?? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

·
6 Posts
I agree with the options statement. I have an SX, but was a bit disappointed in available options for it. No passenger power seat, no memory driver seat, pathetic sounding Bose audio, panoramic sunroof, limited paint colors, and much more I could go on about. Gas mileage is also very disappointing. I'm an old guy and drive like an old guy, yet in town I can't even break 20 MPG. It's usually in the high teens. The service writer at the dealership says oh it'll get better after 12,000 miles. WTF?? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard!
Your gas mileage surprises me. I am also an old guy and have had my SX for just shy of a year. My driving is basically local in town with an occasional shot on the interstate for a few miles to the next town. I consistently get total mileage in the los 30's and it has been in that range since I first picked up the car last May (2020).

·
Premium Member
2021 Seltos SX Starbright Yellow
9 Posts
Mine's going in for service next week to get the update for the transmission, and I got a service advisor who agrees to at least have the technician sniff around a bit to see if they can find anything which may be affecting the gas mileage. I'm still amazed by the one who said all new cars get poor mileage until they have 12,000 miles on them. Tell that to a Toyota or Honda owner and stand back while they laugh! I've driven a lot of cars with less than a few thousand miles on them which all got exactly the mileage they're supposed to.

·
20 Posts
Based upon your comments, are you regretting your Seltos SX purchase or do you enjoy driving it?

·
20 Posts
From what i have always heard, the first 1,000-1,200 miles is key to breaking in any new vehicle. Don't use cruise control or drive at same mph continuously, so they say.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After 12,000 😂 that guy needs a new job somewhere else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts