Here it is… 2024 Seltos | Kia

I guess Kia might have been reading the stuff we talk about after all

What it has:

- 8 Speed wet DCT conventional transmission

- 195hp 1.6T engine retune

- Ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel
Possibly attached to the SX sunroof package

- Fully digital dash, dual 10.25" displays
Website wording is iffy, but I assume only the center (right-of-driver) display is touchscreen. Hopefully the Android base has been updated and redone.

- Power rear hatch

- Standard FCA/LFA/HBA/BSCW on S trim

- Digital car key
via.. Kia Connect app? Website shows Apple CarKey being used (possibly a reused image from the EV models) but doesn't specify the platform for this specific model.

- Mild refresh on interior design
Including moving the infotainment control buttons down. No more accidentally hitting your hazard lights while trying to switch radio stations.

- "Junction Turning Assist"
Supposedly will alert and/or intervene on blind left turns if it detects a possible collision.

- Smart Cruise Control updated to include Nav-assist.
Will adapt the current driving speed to the speed limit known to the Nav unit... Hopefully this can be defeated in settings

- USB-C for charging-only ports(?)
Photo used shows USB-A for the data/charge port.

What I really hope it has (forum complaints):

- Fixed rattle issues

- Reworked ABS system/sensors

What it absolutely has to have (universal complaints):

- More sound deadening

Confirmed for AUS market on 2023MY refresh, sound absorbing windshield confirmed for US 2024MY

Also, here's Speeds thread I accidentally stepped on - sorry! 2024 Seltos preview - Car and Driver

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
308 Posts
Everything I’ve seen on the new model says it’s an 8-sod conventional automatic, not a DCT…
The car and driver thread I posted earlier…

I am interested to see pics of the “dual panoramic roof”

·
99 Posts
We Downunder have been told the 2023 model we will soon start getting, (actually sounds like the same as the 2024 model you in the US/Canada are hearing about), will have more sound-proofing, including some of the glass areas, powered tailgate in top two models, ditto, memory function on driver seat, motor tweaked up to 150kw(from 130)/265nm of the 1.6 turbo versions, and mild upward tweak of the 4cyl, 2L motor, (still CVT/IVT) and also yes, orthodox torque converter 8 speed auto box instead of the 7 speed DCT in the turbo models.

·
99 Posts
PS. If you live anywhere that gets hot, I can't see you ever wanting or needing a panoramic sunroof. The standard size one is plenty here in Queensland, Oz, and we hardly ever use it anyway. It is one item I would have gladly done without. Not available in the two tone paint models anyway, and no great loss in my view.

·
99 Posts
PPS. It appears only the top models will have the heated/ventilated seats. However, there is going to be two top models now. Here anyway. An AWD GT-Line, and a FWD only GT-Line. This model appears the equivalent the North American SX model. Is that going to come out in the US/Canada region with a FWD version as well as the current AWD..?

·
Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
308 Posts
PPS. It appears only the top models will have the heated/ventilated seats. However, there is going to be two top models now. Here anyway. An AWD GT-Line, and a FWD only GT-Line. This model appears the equivalent the North American SX model. Is that going to come out in the US/Canada region with a FWD version as well as the current AWD..?
US gets a FWD model, Canada only has AWD…for obvious reasons…lol

·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Everything I’ve seen on the new model says it’s an 8-sod conventional automatic, not a DCT…
The car and driver thread I posted earlier…

I am interested to see pics of the “dual panoramic roof”
Will update my post! I just assumed it was the DCT from the K5 instead. Dual panoramic roof will be a great feature..

2023 model we will soon start getting, (actually sounds like the same as the 2024 model you in the US/Canada are hearing about), will have more sound-proofing, including some of the glass areas, powered tailgate in top two models,
This is REALLY good news. The road noise is (for me, personally) the largest issue with the Seltos. Not sure I really need the power liftgate, but it's nice to have when your car is covered in mud..

can't see you ever wanting or needing a panoramic sunroof.
In a non-exaggerated manner, I use my sunroof every single time I drive it. I like having the light come in - and I'm able to reap the benefits of heat rejection from the tint film I had installed on it. More ceiling glass = more ceiling light. And when it's super hot out, I just close the shade.

PPS. It appears only the top models will have the heated/ventilated seats.
Worth it IMO. I live in a pretty dry area yet I still suffer from.. humidity-related issues 😄

1 - 7 of 7 Posts