Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone one upped the tire size to this on their Seltos?
Works out to 1" difference in tire height overall and 3.8% difference in diameter so minor offset on the speedo (4 km/h @110).
We factory ordered a new Seltos SX today, but first step will be to swap out the OEM's for a good All-weather tire ( probably Michelin Crossclimate2's). The slightly taller height should help with ride comfort.

·
99 Posts
Anyone one upped the tire size to this on their Seltos?
Works out to 1" difference in tire height overall and 3.8% difference in diameter so minor offset on the speedo (4 km/h @110).
We factory ordered a new Seltos SX today, but first step will be to swap out the OEM's for a good All-weather tire ( probably Michelin Crossclimate2's). The slightly taller height should help with ride comfort.
I bought a 2021 SX turbo and swapped out factory tires for matching Cross Climate 2s 235-45-18 and they have work great, especially in snow here in CT.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking at the CrossClimate2's to swap on out of the box. (I always do an all-weather tire install on new vehicles...no room for winter tire storage). It is down to those or the new Nokian Outpost APT.
Did you play with the CC2's in the snow at all this winter, thoughts?

·
99 Posts
I've been looking at the CrossClimate2's to swap on out of the box. (I always do an all-weather tire install on new vehicles...no room for winter tire storage). It is down to those or the new Nokian Outpost APT.
Did you play with the CC2's in the snow at all this winter, thoughts?
Consumer Reports claim they are the best 3 Climate tires they have ever tested. Reason I got them.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, thanks!
You got the stock size, right? How is the ride with those, any stiffer, softer, or about the same?
One of my primary concerns was with the stock (fairly low) profile tires I'd have issues with ride quality and bent wheels on our lovingly maintained streets here in Saskatoon...

·
99 Posts
Awesome, thanks!
You got the stock size, right? How is the ride with those, any stiffer, softer, or about the same?
One of my primary concerns was with the stock (fairly low) profile tires I'd have issues with ride quality and bent wheels on our lovingly maintained streets here in Saskatoon...
Connecticut has some crappy roads after winter, pot holes were a bumper crop this year. But they were great in the snow and great in heavy rain plus hard enough of a compound to last in warm weather. Ride wise I see no difference, noise wise just a pinch more road noise. The factory all seasons were a bit quieter. They are not reasonably priced any more. I got them for $189. a piece. US dollars. here they are now up to $245. a piece. I have over 20,000 miles on them..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts