Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at a Kia dealership shopping for a Seltos SX. They said the all-season mats were ordered with the car initially and cannot be removed from the price of the vehicle.

The sticker price was $30,200 and they also had a list of all of the other optional crap they try to sell you when purchasing a new car such as "interior protection." I wanted it all removed but was told the rubber mats and trunk tray cannot be excluded because they were ordered with the car initially by the dealer. The mats were not included in the sticker price. They said the $800 all-weather mats must be added to the purchase price no matter what.

This blew my mind. I wasn't really happy with the way they were treating me either, so I walked out. I was not going to pay $800 for all-season mats that I do not want. Does anyone have any insight on what happened here?

·
149 Posts
This isn't anything new. 20 years ago I bought an 'SE' (special edition) vehicle. What was special about it? The decal that said it was an SE. Literally. There was a swooshy squiggle decal and the letters 'SE' on the side of it and that warranted a premium. In Canada, a lot of the dealerships do 'prairie packages' which is basically a block heater, winter mats, and a paint pen, and they mark it up some ridiculous amount. But in this day and age where wait times for vehicles are 4 -12 months, they have us over a barrel. If you're not willing to pay the premium, the next guy will be.

·
149 Posts
Does it make me hate them? Yes.

Does it make me feel they're cheating me? Yes.

Does it mean I'll likely take my car somewhere else for service and only go to the dealer for warranty work? Damn straight.

I wish dealers would understand that this is a partnership. Don't take advantage of me and I'll likely stick with you through thick and thin. But bend me over a barrel every chance you get and I'll take my service work elsewhere.

I have no intention of doing scheduled maintenance with my dealer. Why would I do that when they forced $1300 (cdn) in addons, EVEN though I would have gotten the block heater and mats anyway. I still felt taken advantage of.

I wanted a second hatch floor. So I could have a place for tools underneath the hatch floor. They quoted me $460. Ah ... thanks ... I'll figure something out myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts