Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had much success eliminating , or reducing these dealer added accessories? So much of it seems like overpriced , unnecessary options.

I am tentatively negotiating with a dealer that said he will half that.......$995 for a $1995 accessory sticker. What do you think?

·
160 Posts
I almost ALWAYS refuse stuff they add, except for mats which today are often standard.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I got this from a local dealer and am very happy to hear it ! Now I just have to see what they charge for window tint. :)

"Beware..... The lowest price is most often not the best deal.

Dealers will often quote an unrealistic price calculated with rebates and
discounts only certain people will qualify for, like a recent college graduate rebate or
a competitive lease conquest rebate for example, in the hopes that the low price will
entice you to visit their dealership rather than their competitors. Only After you arrive
at their dealership will they then try to get you pay for "unwanted dealer
adds" like paint sealant, door edge guards, and desert protection packages that are
which then enables the dealer to justify charging you thousands more than what you were
originally quoted.

At XXXX Kia we deal in honest numbers and we will never charge or hide fees for things
that are unnecessary or unwanted. In fact, the only thing we put on some cars is window
tint.

What we quote you is what you'll actually pay and we promise the price won't change when
you arrive at our dealership.

The price we quote may not be the lowest compared to our competition but, we believe in
total transparency with our clients and are not willing to sacrifice our integrity just
to "get you in the door". "

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey I got this from a local dealer and am very happy to hear it ! Now I just have to see what they charge for window tint. :)

"Beware..... The lowest price is most often not the best deal.

Dealers will often quote an unrealistic price calculated with rebates and
discounts only certain people will qualify for, like a recent college graduate rebate or
a competitive lease conquest rebate for example, in the hopes that the low price will
entice you to visit their dealership rather than their competitors. Only After you arrive
at their dealership will they then try to get you pay for "unwanted dealer
adds" like paint sealant, door edge guards, and desert protection packages that are
which then enables the dealer to justify charging you thousands more than what you were
originally quoted.

At XXXX Kia we deal in honest numbers and we will never charge or hide fees for things
that are unnecessary or unwanted. In fact, the only thing we put on some cars is window
tint.

What we quote you is what you'll actually pay and we promise the price won't change when
you arrive at our dealership.

The price we quote may not be the lowest compared to our competition but, we believe in
total transparency with our clients and are not willing to sacrifice our integrity just
to "get you in the door". "
Shoot.....got my hopes up and then I see this when I tried their online buying....

SERVICE & PROTECTION PLANS
$1,496
  • Lifetime Window Tint$698
  • Kahu GPS: 2 years$798
Don't want the protection plan and $698 is ridiculous for window tint for essentially just tinting the front passenger and driving windows to match the existing tint on the rest of the car.

·
160 Posts
How do you refuse what has already been installed before it went on the lot, like tint for instance?
meant to say when they start offering stuff prior to completing the build sheet
lots of people I know get them, not realizing its not needed but are under the impression it is till they come across someone that knows better.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
meant to say when they start offering stuff prior to completing the build sheet
lots of people I know get them, not realizing its not needed but are under the impression it is till they come across someone that knows better.
Build sheet? I don't think we have them in the US. Does that mean you can order what you want and don't want on a car before it arrives? Around here, we just get them as they arrive at the dealer. Haven't heard of a pre-order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts