Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving back from the car wash today and had ALL warning lights come on at once and ESC kicked in during a highway curve at ~80mph. Once the car realized I wasn’t actually sideways, I got power back.

Drove home and parked at the base of the hill before my driveway, did a full power cycle (car off, lock doors, unlock, start engine) and lights were persistent. I had power though so I started up the (very snowy) hill into my driveway and the warning lights suddenly all went off and the car acted like nothing happened.

Called Kia, they want to flatbed the car 100 miles to their dealership. I don’t have a second car up here so that would be a total pain... I’m letting the car dry out and sit for a while in the (heated) garage and I’m planning on taking it for a drive later this afternoon so I can see if warning lights come back on.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like something definitey got too wet at the Seltos isn't happy. Keep us posted
Yeah that’s the concerning part though... I checked the fusebox in the engine bay and it was totally locked down and sealed. Regardless, I removed the cover to “dry it out” with the hood open in my garage for 3-4 hours.

Just got back from a drive up a nice twisty road. I put it in that same position (a few times) of a sharper curve at speed and it was fine. I guess I’ll wait to wash it again until I’m back in Ft Collins and can swap cars if needed.

It’s head scratcher for sure... I’ll keep going on my trip and comment back here if anything exciting happens.

Side note: this car never runs out of steam on these roads. It’s crazy to me that a compact SUV in this price range holds power at 9-10k ft above sea level

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
68 Posts
Hmmm...no. Haven’t had this problem yet, and I get my car washed at least twice/month with these salty roads this time of year.

Hope everything works out!

·
2 Posts
I was driving back from the car wash today and had ALL warning lights come on at once and ESC kicked in during a highway curve at ~80mph. Once the car realized I wasn’t actually sideways, I got power back.

Drove home and parked at the base of the hill before my driveway, did a full power cycle (car off, lock doors, unlock, start engine) and lights were persistent. I had power though so I started up the (very snowy) hill into my driveway and the warning lights suddenly all went off and the car acted like nothing happened.

Called Kia, they want to flatbed the car 100 miles to their dealership. I don’t have a second car up here so that would be a total pain... I’m letting the car dry out and sit for a while in the (heated) garage and I’m planning on taking it for a drive later this afternoon so I can see if warning lights come back on.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

When I was taking delivery of my Seltos GT-Line ( SX in the US) here in Australia the Salesman told me NEVER go in to a Car Wash !!
Hand wash the car or just use the garden hose WITHOUT the High Pressure setting on.

Better still he said leave it out in a rain shower and then Chamois it off.

He said going through a Car Wash is a No No as water can get into all the Sensors and create havoc !
Had my Seltos less that a month after waiting 7 MONTHS for Delivery !

First Kia for me after 40 odd years driving Toyotas !

Liked the 7 Year Warranty, Full sized Spare and all the Safety Features.

·
87 Posts
Normal exposure to water should no cause this fault nor should a car wash. This this is the problem, it is an engineering or manufacturing defect.

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
68 Posts
When I was taking delivery of my Seltos GT-Line ( SX in the US) here in Australia the Salesman told me NEVER go in to a Car Wash !!
Hand wash the car or just use the garden hose WITHOUT the High Pressure setting on.

He said going through a Car Wash is a No No as water can get into all the Sensors and create havoc !

That’s bizarre. Why would a company make a vehicle incapable of going through a touchless car wash. I hope that salesman had no clue what he was talking about because that’s ridiculous. They even wash my car every time I have had it serviced, and I’m quite sure they aren’t doing it by hand :)

·
29 Posts

I would take my car to him and say you wash it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts