Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2023 SX Gravity Gray
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First audio post in this forum?

2023 Seltos SX with Bose.

I was a professional installer for about 10 years. Then I got picked up by a major car audio company. Currently, I do B2B sales within the industry. I will certainly be overhauling the audio system when the weather gets warmer. Though replacing the factory source unit is possible in the Seltos, there's too much integration stuff going on for me to go down that path. There's no Maestro RR support.

The first step I'll probably do is test the outputs of the factory source unit and then outputs of the factory Bose amp. I have an RTA and oscilloscope. See what the factory signal looks like and how it acts while changing volume. From there, I'll decide what integration piece I'll use. All new speakers, small 10" sub, amp for each channel, and a little DSP action. It'll crush the Bose system quite easily, in every way.

EDIT: Compustar remote start going on too.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Yep, you’re the first…as you mentioned, with the level of integration in modern vehicles, swapping out stereos and/or adding components is a lot more complex these days. Without the technical knowledge and experience, it would be a rather (more) expensive adventure for most. I’m sure others will benefit from you investigations into it though.

welcome aboard! 😎

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
First audio post in this forum?

2023 Seltos SX with Bose.

I was a professional installer for about 10 years. Then I got picked up by a major car audio company. Currently, I do B2B sales within the industry. I will certainly be overhauling the audio system when the weather gets warmer. Though replacing the factory source unit is possible in the Seltos, there's too much integration stuff going on for me to go down that path. There's no Maestro RR support.

The first step I'll probably do is test the outputs of the factory source unit and then outputs of the factory Bose amp. I have an RTA and oscilloscope. See what the factory signal looks like and how it acts while changing volume. From there, I'll decide what integration piece I'll use. All new speakers, small 10" sub, amp for each channel, and a little DSP action. It'll crush the Bose system quite easily, in every way.

EDIT: Compustar remote start going on too.
Wow. For mine, there's nothing much wrong witht he Bose as it comes anyway. And I'm pretty fussy. I have a huge vinyl collection at home I still enjoy, and via a Bose system.

You sure you shouldn't re-consider this. Remember the golden rule - "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it..!"

2023 SX Gravity Gray
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. For mine, there's nothing much wrong witht he Bose as it comes anyway. And I'm pretty fussy. I have a huge vinyl collection at home I still enjoy, and via a Bose system.

You sure you shouldn't re-consider this. Remember the golden rule - "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it..!"
Oh don't get me wrong. I've heard WAY worse factory audio systems. But the gear is free for me and I enjoy tinkering. I know it can be MUCH better.

No highs, no lows, must be Bose!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts