Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am trying to find a way through the firewall to run a power wire to my amplifier. Has anyone done this and could you please tell me how you did it? I am afraid to drill a hole and can't find any suitable existing plugs or grommets in the firewall. Thanks

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following, would like to upgrade the audio entirely.
I agree, the Bose has average sound at best. I purchased a replacement subwoofer speaker and amp per recommendation through crutchfield. Just waiting to have time to do the install

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bose was always average.It was considered good until better systems came along.
Ok I found a way through the the firewall. Had to drill but it was fine. I removed the sub from the rear and couldn't believe how cheesy it is. In my opinion this barely would sound good as a midrange. I'm attaching pics of the factory sub compared to the Memphis Audio that is going in it's place. Will have to fashion an adapter plate for it. Hope the effort is worth it.

Attachments

·
2021 Kia Seltos S FWD
6 Posts
I have the FWD S trim with (supposedly) Infinity speakers, no sub. I added a spare tire subwoofer to mine by running L+R speaker wire from the rear to front through the wire channels along the sides of the car (pull the weather stripping and plastic panels). I exposed the front speaker wires where they connect through the harness and tapped them with the wires from the back, I chose front L+R because they are much louder than the back so much better signal, literally have my sub at about 40% and it's very loud, it's the Rockville spare tire one. I ran the power cable along the driver side wire channel and poked through the large rubber gasket beneath the steering wheal area, disconnected the battery, and whatever has the two large harnesses in the engine bay blocking access to the gasket (computer maybe?). Then I was able to fit my hand in there and grab the wire for power. It was trial and error finding which harness had the speaker wires as not much about this topic has been discussed with this car, so I pretty much found other Kia wiring colors, pulled harnesses to see if they disabled the speakers and lucked out with the connections, though did have to reverse polarity on the left because there was phase cancellation, no big deal fixing from the trunk. If anyone needs more detail let me know, I would have loved to have this info when I did it.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following, would like to upgrade the audio entirely.
Here is everything I purchased to do the subwoofer upgrade. Took me a while to install because of my lack of experience. But is finally finished and I am happy with it. If anyone would like to know details of how I did it, please message me.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts