Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wanted to check with anyone who is using the 10.25" display with Android Auto. The problem is it is not full screen. 1/3 of the screen is used for lock screen while the other 2/3 is the actual mirroring. However if we used Apple car play then full screen is mirrored.

I had a chat with the technical rep in KIA showroom and he says it is an issue with Android Auto not supporting 10.25" display.

I wanted to check if any one has heard anything from KIA or is google going to support 10.25" screen in near future.

·
144 Posts
same here
Hi, I wanted to check with anyone who is using the 10.25" display with Android Auto. The problem is it is not full screen. 1/3 of the screen is used for lock screen while the other 2/3 is the actual mirroring. However if we used Apple car play then full screen is mirrored.

I had a chat with the technical rep in KIA showroom and he says it is an issue with Android Auto not supporting 10.25" display.

I wanted to check if any one has heard anything from KIA or is google going to support 10.25" screen in near future.
There was a prior thread on this but I am not certain if it was related to Apple CarPlay. I was able to get the full screen user CarPlay. Keep us updated, as I might be switching from Apple.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo
8 Posts
Same; because of it I use the additional panel to display the campus regularly. Hopefully we can find a way to make this full screen.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
3 Posts
Hi everyone. First post here. I had a chance to talk with a number of people at Kia and the issue is with the head unit itself. Because of the side panel, Android Auto sees that as unusable space. I expressed my frustration and hopefully they consider it. But the response I received was they do not plan on adding what they are calling "edge to edge" AA. If you'd like to express your feelings, send a message through customer support on the owner's page.
That being said, I think wireless AA is in the works for at least the 8" screen. At least that is what Australian owners on Facebook are saying. Hoping for the 10.25" too.

·
25 Posts
There is a setting under general and connected devices - where for Apple you have to turn off split screen. I wonder if that is also how you do it for Android?

·
116 Posts
There is a setting under general and connected devices - where for Apple you have to turn off split screen. I wonder if that is also how you do it for Android?
The AA setting is available but is/was not currently functional. We just had a new software update come out for the Seltos and I’m wondering if this issue has been solved. It’s worth a try

But yes, this is the location for that split screen toggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts