Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my 2021 Seltos 3 weeks and have small paint chips in 4 different spots (good, passenger doors and drivers side rear door). I am a careful driver, no off road or dirt road driving and keep distance from cars in front of me and in parking lots. I feel like the clear coat in thin or non existent and the paint quality/strength is not great. Anyone having similar issue?

·
2021 Seltos SX Turbo
6 Posts
1 week after I took delivery on the Seltos, I opted for Cquartz Ceramic Paint coating on the entire vehicle, now when washing the vehicle, dirt simple just falls off. great investment.
I did same on my previous Audi Q5, after 7 years, the paint was amazing, as though it was still brand new.
Cheers

·
2021 S Turbo - Gravity Gray
26 Posts
My best friend does the ceramic coating as well. We are going to have that done this weekend. Definitely worth it!

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
37 Posts
No issues with mine. I have all primary exposed surfaces protected with XPel as I‘ve done with all my cars ever since manufacturers went to environmentally friendly paint.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Awd 1.6 turbo
30 Posts
I've only had my 2021 Seltos 3 weeks and have small paint chips in 4 different spots (good, passenger doors and drivers side rear door). I am a careful driver, no off road or dirt road driving and keep distance from cars in front of me and in parking lots. I feel like the clear coat in thin or non existent and the paint quality/strength is not great. Anyone having similar issue?
I do im at 3,000 milles right now and have def noticed at least 4 or 5 paint chips and i baby the hell out of her! Doing the same thing as you, being real careful...idk what color do u have? Mines starbright maybe its that color...idk but it shouldnt have this many chips in the paint already and one on head light:( very disappointing....and the kicker is i had it auto amor ceramic coated! And still...ugh! Cant have anything nice now a days..lol

·
75 Posts
Hyundai and Kia aren't known for paint quality and durability. That was one of the things I knew going into this. I ordered a Dr. Chip as one of my first purchases for the vehicle. Fix them as you go but I haven't had a chance to us it yet.

·
1 Posts
I picked up my Seltos SX Turbo about a month ago. Few days later went to get a PPF installed by 3M. While doing it the paint under both fog lights peeled up :(

·
49 Posts
Mine had cracking of the paint near the rear window trim. I got some Dupont clear and touched it up myself.
20200902_110535.jpg

·
2 Posts
I have driven my car for 3 months and have counted 4-5 paint chips in my paint. This has made me feel so bad about my driving because I thought I was an isolated case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts