Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my 2021 Seltos 3 weeks and have small paint chips in 4 different spots (good, passenger doors and drivers side rear door). I am a careful driver, no off road or dirt road driving and keep distance from cars in front of me and in parking lots. I feel like the clear coat in thin or non existent and the paint quality/strength is not great. Anyone having similar issue?

·
2021 Seltos SX Turbo
10 Posts
1 week after I took delivery on the Seltos, I opted for Cquartz Ceramic Paint coating on the entire vehicle, now when washing the vehicle, dirt simple just falls off. great investment.
I did same on my previous Audi Q5, after 7 years, the paint was amazing, as though it was still brand new.
Cheers

·
2021 S Turbo - Gravity Gray
31 Posts
My best friend does the ceramic coating as well. We are going to have that done this weekend. Definitely worth it!

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
54 Posts
No issues with mine. I have all primary exposed surfaces protected with XPel as I‘ve done with all my cars ever since manufacturers went to environmentally friendly paint.

·
2021 Kia Seltos S Awd 1.6 turbo
40 Posts
I've only had my 2021 Seltos 3 weeks and have small paint chips in 4 different spots (good, passenger doors and drivers side rear door). I am a careful driver, no off road or dirt road driving and keep distance from cars in front of me and in parking lots. I feel like the clear coat in thin or non existent and the paint quality/strength is not great. Anyone having similar issue?
I do im at 3,000 milles right now and have def noticed at least 4 or 5 paint chips and i baby the hell out of her! Doing the same thing as you, being real careful...idk what color do u have? Mines starbright maybe its that color...idk but it shouldnt have this many chips in the paint already and one on head light:( very disappointing....and the kicker is i had it auto amor ceramic coated! And still...ugh! Cant have anything nice now a days..lol

·
86 Posts
Hyundai and Kia aren't known for paint quality and durability. That was one of the things I knew going into this. I ordered a Dr. Chip as one of my first purchases for the vehicle. Fix them as you go but I haven't had a chance to us it yet.

·
10 Posts
I picked up my Seltos SX Turbo about a month ago. Few days later went to get a PPF installed by 3M. While doing it the paint under both fog lights peeled up :(

·
92 Posts
Mine had cracking of the paint near the rear window trim. I got some Dupont clear and touched it up myself.

·
2 Posts
I have driven my car for 3 months and have counted 4-5 paint chips in my paint. This has made me feel so bad about my driving because I thought I was an isolated case.

·
53 Posts
!0K miles since September 2020. No chips, paint looks great (Pearl white). I realize we drive carefully but the chips may not be a defect. They may be from another vehicle kicking up sand, pebbles, etc. Someone bumping it in a parking lot? In my opinion, there are many reasons for chips outside of a defect. Where are these chips? Can you attach a picture? Did you speak with the dealer to see if there are any bulletins concerning the paint?

·
1 Posts
Yes! It's so bad on mine. Drivers side and passenger side doors, the hood is relatively normal in my opinion but the side of the car is ridiculous. So many chips and the dealer is saying it's normal.

Also, my driver's side door is leaking?! Any one else experiencing this?

Attachments

·
1 Posts
Leased mine currently 2500 miles on it.The tree next to my driveway decided to start sapping like crazy. Washed the car with in 48 hours. After 3 washes 2 by car wash and 1 by hand the sap has eaten through the clear coat on the spots where the sap has come off. The other 2 cars the sap came off no problem. There is something wrong with this paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts