Kia Seltos Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
71 Posts
I updated to that new sotware version but I can't find where to enable that new "Soundhound" voice recognition. I tried some new commands and nothing. Don't see that "Power by Houndify" either. Help or direction from anyone would greatly appreciated.
Yup probable a USA thing, just tried it and it doesn't work for me either. I was hoping it would correct a voice recognition between talk button on steering wheel and pushing mic button on screen. I have found if you use steering wheel talk button it will not find certain street names but using screen mic it locates the same name. I have no idea what difference that should make but I have tried it multiple times.

·
117 Posts
Well, that's weird and interesting. The voice navigation prompts are more powerful,I think, with this new release (at least in the US maybe). However, pressing the UVO button on the ceiling and speaking your destination in response to that prompt has always been very accurate and helpful. Results show up on the screen. I would try that too. There are too many ways to do things I think, and it gets very complicated.

·
10 Posts
Just simple "don't understand the command... try again after the beep".. or something close to that

·
10 Posts
fyi... I send email to support team....will see what is the answer for Canadian market. Aside from that... I stil like m Seltos 😊

·
117 Posts
Just simple "don't understand the command... try again after the beep".. or something close to that
Right - same as what I get if I ask "What is Donald Trump's middle name?". Not a huge thing but you think everything would be the same..... Kia is beyond me sometimes. I was testing the "Highway Driving Assist" for example - you get on an interstate and start smart cruise - set it for at or below the speed limit - it says on the dash "HDA" and the speed shown in the smart cruise area says "AUTO" - oh, good, it will follow the speed limit signs. Then you come to a "65 MPH" sign in a work area....absolutely no change in the speed (of course no one else has changed their speed either). Kia said to take it to the dealer.... DT

·
71 Posts
Well, that's weird and interesting. The voice navigation prompts are more powerful,I think, with this new release (at least in the US maybe). However, pressing the UVO button on the ceiling and speaking your destination in response to that prompt has always been very accurate and helpful. Results show up on the screen. I would try that too. There are too many ways to do things I think, and it gets very complicated.
Wow thanx Doug, houndify still doesn't work, but navigation works sweet using UVO button, don't even have to say find Ontario address first lol . Learn something every day :)

·
71 Posts
fyi... I send email to support team....will see what is the answer for Canadian market. Aside from that... I stil like m Seltos 😊
This might have something to do with it Houndify is available globally, but several of the domains are optimized for use in the U.S. (e.g. local search). We plan to support more countries and languages in the future for these domains, but we don’t have specific timelines for when it might be available in other areas. Domains are programs that allow the Houndify server to respond to queries on a certain topic. For example, the "Weather" domain allows Houndify to understand weather queries such as "What’s the temperature in San Francisco?" and then ask follow up questions like, "How about in San Jose?" As a developer, you can choose the domains that your client will want to integrate. You can learn more about domains here.

·
117 Posts
I like that UVO button too! So many ways. The UVO button is supposed to have the latest and greatest list of destinations from my reading. Here are my notes from messing around with the ceiling buttons (sorry, lost the formatting):

• Buttons on ceiling and alternatives version on the UVO screen
○ Triangle 'call' button on ceiling - request roadside assistance/towing - real person. Your location data is
transmitted to them.
○ Screen version: UVO / Roadside Assistance
○ "i" button on ceiling - to schedule appointments or hear FAQs it appears.
○ Screen version: UVO / Virtual Asst
○ "UVO" button on ceiling - voice navigation search; say the POI name or address. (This is good if your map is
outdated.) Will display navigation instructions on nav screen.
○ Alternative: As of 4/2021 sw update, asking the car itself for directions (press PTT button) seems to have
been improved: "Navigate to 1320 Tulip St"…
○ Other UVO screen options:
○ UVO / UVO Call Center: 5 am - 6pm Pacific time - UVO questions and an option for roadside
assistance.
○ UVO / UVO Settings: ensure the "911 Connect" box is checked for accidents.
○ UVO / Maintenance: service intervals
○ UVO / Weather: forecast
○ UVO / Vehicle Diagnostics: use while engine running

·
117 Posts
This might have something to do with it Houndify is available globally, but several of the domains are optimized for use in the U.S. (e.g. local search). We plan to support more countries and languages in the future for these domains, but we don’t have specific timelines for when it might be available in other areas. Domains are programs that allow the Houndify server to respond to queries on a certain topic. For example, the "Weather" domain allows Houndify to understand weather queries such as "What’s the temperature in San Francisco?" and then ask follow up questions like, "How about in San Jose?" As a developer, you can choose the domains that your client will want to integrate. You can learn more about domains here.
That's what I found out as well. I guess the 4 domains that have been invested in are Weather, Date/Time, Sports, Stocks. Still, you would think Kia would tell us instead of making us figure all this out. They need a domain like "Google Assistant" or "Alexa"...!

·
10 Posts
Thanks for these details...I will leave it at point but is nice technical explnation.

·
55 Posts
dougt, did you already have the purple screen before you installed the Apr-2021 update? Thanks.

What I’m thinking is that if I install the Apr-2021 which I have already prepared in a USB flash drive to my SXT without the purple color scheme that it will remain that way. I’m hoping that the purple screen was introduced by the Nov-2020 update.... Yes, my 2021 Seltos SX Turbo does not have the purple color and it has triple widget split screen.

·
71 Posts
dougt, did you already have the purple screen before you installed the Apr-2021 update? Thanks.

What I’m thinking is that if I install the Apr-2021 which I have already prepared in a USB flash drive to my SXT without the purple color scheme that it will remain that way. I’m hoping that the purple screen was introduced by the Nov-2020 update.... Yes, my 2021 Seltos SX Turbo does not have the purple color and it has triple widget split screen.
I skipped the Nov update and installed the April, it now has purple split 2 screen.

·
117 Posts
Well, the purple definitely started with the November 2020 update. There are other posts in the forum showing everybody's, or at least most people's, 'upsetness' with that. Even more people did not like the loss of the three widget where you could have three different things displayed like navigation, music, and weather. It's been so long I don't even remember what that looks like though. Now, you can only have really two things, and there's no more Edit Widgets button. Because of that change the software does not match the documentation that we got with a $30,000 car. In any case I am very curious about what happens if you try to go directly with the April 2021 update and skip the November 2020 one. If it's screws up you can always go back I guess and install the November one first. You will have to if it's a cumulative type thing. Say a prayer first if you go directly for April. Please let us know how it works out. There are a lot of unanswered questions about these things it seems to me, and we are here to help each other.

·
71 Posts
Well, the purple definitely started with the November 2020 update. There are other posts in the forum showing everybody's, or at least most people's, 'upsetness' with that. Even more people did not like the loss of the three widget where you could have three different things displayed like navigation, music, and weather. It's been so long I don't even remember what that looks like though. Now, you can only have really two things, and there's no more Edit Widgets button. Because of that change the software does not match the documentation that we got with a $30,000 car. In any case I am very curious about what happens if you try to go directly with the April 2021 update and skip the November 2020 one. If it's screws up you can always go back I guess and install the November one first. You will have to if it's a cumulative type thing. Say a prayer first if you go directly for April. Please let us know how it works out. There are a lot of unanswered questions about these things it seems to me, and we are here to help each other.
I skipped Nov installed April, it had one error(I think c communication or something like that) it automatically retried that step and was successful. Maybe I'm to easy going so purple is ok and don't really miss split 3 screen lol

·
55 Posts
I skipped Nov installed April, it had one error(I think c communication or something like that) it automatically retried that step and was successful. Maybe I'm to easy going so purple is ok and don't really miss split 3 screen lol
Oh my! I will not install any update. I’m satisfied with my triple widgets and no purple. I use Google map for nav and Siri for voice guidance. The user manual that came with my $30,000 Seltos matches what I have on the screen. I don’t want to introduce COVID-19 color to my SXT screen!
4754948B-4AB5-40A7-B6B9-25446FE5CC57.jpeg

·
6 Posts
Oh? Maybe it’s the Android Auto folks who were complaining about not having full screen.
Yup, we only get 2/3 of the screen. the other 1/3 is taken up by a stupid arrow/AA logo, the device name and Android auto name......as if we didn't already know. :rolleyes:

·
14 Posts
Just checked the AU software and the April update isn't available yet. The installer has updated though so, maybe, soon?
I asked the MapCare minions when Aus can expect the April 2021 update. They replied...

"...should be released in Q3,2021"

I'd suggest they don't know what they are talking about.

I also asked about return of the three-widget feature robbed from us in November...

"The feature you are referring to has been escalated to the relevant department and is being reviewed "

Sure!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts