Kia Seltos Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
55 Posts
It does seem like they are trying to keep the purple main screen has minimized as possible. They did add the date and day to the screen with this update from what I can tell. I really wish they would fix the radio screen to show the name of the Sirius station instead of just the number in the preset buttons. I'm too old to remember what 10 or 12 different numbers are for. That is ridiculous. I know enough people including a big Canadian dealer has made a point of all this but Kia doesn't seem to care!
What I don’t like about all these is everything is integrated - KIA/Hyundai update includes System update, radio update, GUI update, color update, map update, etc. Their update is not modular. I came from Mazda and if I want the map update, I just download the latest map update. I was forced to leave Mazda because I was downsizing and I didn’t like the CX-30 at the time. Mazda leather seats are not comfortable. I thought I would try the Seltos SXT which is comparable to my previous Mazda turbo but I lost a few things in the Seltos like HUD, heated Steering wheel, ventilated seats, etc.

I am committed NOT to update mine.

·
19 Posts
What I don’t like about all these is everything is integrated - KIA/Hyundai update includes System update, radio update, GUI update, color update, map update, etc. Their update is not modular. I came from Mazda and if I want the map update, I just download the latest map update. I was forced to leave Mazda because I was downsizing and I didn’t like the CX-30 at the time. Mazda leather seats are not comfortable. I thought I would try the Seltos SXT which is comparable to my previous Mazda turbo but I lost a few things in the Seltos like HUD, heated Steering wheel, ventilated seats, etc.

I am committed NOT to update mine.
That’s a shame. In Canada the SX comes with heated steering wheel and all four heated seats, ventilate front seats. Has the HUD. I find it interesting that the Canadian model gets many more features than the same American model. Normally it’s the opposite I find.

·
55 Posts
That’s a shame. In Canada the SX comes with heated steering wheel and all four heated seats, ventilate front seats. Has the HUD. I find it interesting that the Canadian model gets many more features than the same American model. Normally it’s the opposite I find.
That’s right! I would have paid for those extras to make the transition more of in the same comfort zone. But those are not available here. And oh, the power liftgate, too. My wife struggles on the Seltos liftgate - too heavy for her. If these features are available on the next iteration of the top-of-the-line Seltos, I would definitely upgrade to it. I’d rather spend money wisely before the government takes a big bite of my hard-earned retirement money.

·
2021 Seltos SX
21 Posts
Anyone notice that after installing the April update, you can’t rewing Sirius radio back the same as before? Before, I could rewind any station back for the amount of time my car was on. Now it only lets me rewind for how long that specific station was on

·
117 Posts
Interesting - I can confirm now that I can only rewind for the length of listening to that particular station. If I go to a different Sirius station, I can only rewind for the length of time I listened to that station. If I go back to the first station I can only rewind to starting the station the second time. You are probably more of an expert than me, as I have only used it to rewind a little bit to something that I missed the first time... I'll run it by out Kia Customer rep up at the Canadian dealer... The Lord giveth, and Kia taketh away.

·
2021 Seltos SX
21 Posts
Interesting - I can confirm now that I can only rewind for the length of listening to that particular station. If I go to a different Sirius station, I can only rewind for the length of time I listened to that station. If I go back to the first station I can only rewind to starting the station the second time. You are probably more of an expert than me, as I have only used it to rewind a little bit to something that I missed the first time... I'll run it by out Kia Customer rep up at the Canadian dealer... The Lord giveth, and Kia taketh away.
Thanks for the response! Glad I’m not crazy. Seems like there’s always a catch to these updates.

·
2021 Seltos SX
21 Posts
Something else I’ve noticed. The back up camera is now a split screen. Is there a way to turn this function off?

·
117 Posts
Something else I’ve noticed. The back up camera is now a split screen. Is there a way to turn this function off?
Haven't noticed any switches for that - I did notice backup camera was 2/3 of the screen - you're saying it was full screen before, right...? I guess I don't pay much attention.

·
117 Posts
- The thing I was most interested in was "Soundhound" now being available to us peons. I googled it etc. Here is the text I wrote to Kia asking more info about it. It has, I think, increased the questions you can ask of the car. Certainly not like Google Assistant though....
The update mentions "Soundhound" being available, but gives few details. From what I researched and tested, I can press the Push to Talk button on the steering wheel and ask it a limited set of questions - about Sports, Weather, Stocks and Navigation. I could NOT ask it like with Google, "What is the president's middle name?"
Questions I could ask:
"When is the Denver Nuggets next game?"
"Will it snow tomorrow?"
"How did IBM stock do today?"

"Navigate to 1380 Tulip St. Longmont Colorado."
So here is the official response to 'what is Soundhound?' in this April update - nothing really new but thought I'd report it:

Good evening. We have received your email in regard to the new navigation update. The information you have stated is correct. Sound Hound is an audio and speech recognition software. The update performed includes this software and provides the following advantages:
1. the ability to use Voice Recognition to set a destination or send a text message
2. Information such as weather, sports, stocks, and more.
3. The ability to utilize the voice recognition by pressing the PTT (Push-to-Talk) button on the steering wheel.

·
2021 Seltos SX
21 Posts
Haven't noticed any switches for that - I did notice backup camera was 2/3 of the screen - you're saying it was full screen before, right...? I guess I don't pay much attention.
Yeah it used to be full screen

61 - 71 of 71 Posts