Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a FYI. 2021 Seltos. One year old (almost to the day) and 18,227 miles. I went to start it yesterday morning and all I heard was a bunch of relays clicking. I put a charger on for 40 minutes and it started. I drove it to my dealer and the diagnosis was the battery. Charging system OK. They replace the battery under warrantee (no charge). I noticed that the new battery was a tad different. Still a Kia brand battery but it had a large label on it that stated 36 months, 100% FREE replacement. Pretty cool. Since I live in a hot climate, I appreciate the warrantee. Interesting note: My dealer will put in a 3 year Kia battery under warrantee but will use an Interstate battery for out of warrantee, paid service.

·
139 Posts
I’ve drained mine a couple times when I’m working on the car in the garage (engine off but some dome lights on). I feel like it drains VERY fast, but it’s a pretty small low capacity battery. Not a ton that can be changed about that..

What charger are you using? I snapped the cables on my old Schumacher manual charger so I need something new but I’m seeing a lot of mixed reviews on the newer float chargers - could use a recommendation.

·
32 Posts
Interesting. I have the SX model. I’ve done drive in movies that are 2+ hours , lights, air (not ac) and audio all on - no issues. It does beep occasionally with a warning which got annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts