Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days after getting my new Kia Seltos all the warning lights came on and I immediately drove it the 19 miles back to the dealer. Pulled into the lot and turned off my car then back on and the warning lights were gone. They put it on the machine to see what caused it and could find no information as to why this happened. They tried to say it was because the camera in the front window was dirty. Three days later I am leaving for lunch at work and the same thing happens. I pull over and turn off the car, waiting a few minutes, turned the car back on and all the lights had turned off again. Then the very next Monday all the warning lights go off again, I am just pulling into the parking lot at work and put my car into park, I decided I needed to move it a tad in the spot better so I try and put it into Reverse and then I couldn't shift at all. So at that point I call my Kia dealer again and have my Seltos towed back to the dealership. It is now four days later, they have a case in with the Kia Techline and are hearing nothing back at all and don't know why it is doing this. They did finally offered me a rental today after a 4 day wait and at their cost but I turned that down because they wanted a copy of my credit card for "incidentals" in case I return the rental with rips or stains in the seats or no gas. I told them to forget it because I don't trust them anymore. So this is what is happening to me and my brand new Kia Seltos S 2022. Has anyone else gone through the same and what was the fix for it.

I was wondering if you've gotten any resolve to these issues? I've had my '22 Seltos just over a month and it started doing this... All the lights on, warning to check systems, my power steering goes out, the compressor for my air quits blowing cold air... Then when I shift to Park it's like it can't tell it's in Park, and it won't let me shift. If I turn the car off wait and then back on, I can get it to go into gear... Going to have it looked at tomorrow, but I am sad, my first new vehicle, less than 1800 miles on it and trouble already....

Kim, what did you find out? I'm hoping they've got yours fixed!?! We've been through the exact same thing with our brand new 2022 Kia Seltos we got last month and it's at the dealership for the second time and we're in our second rental. They called and said that they ordered a front camera and that that's the issue, they're replacing it and it should be ready hopefully tonight I'm really hoping that this fixes the issue!!
My brand KIA Seltos is back at the dealership for the third time to fix this....and still no word. Any updates on what may or may not have fixed it? I'm so frustrated! Only 1,600 miles.

I was wondering if you've gotten any resolve to these issues? I've had my '22 Seltos just over a month and it started doing this... All the lights on, warning to check systems, my power steering goes out, the compressor for my air quits blowing cold air... Then when I shift to Park it's like it can't tell it's in Park, and it won't let me shift. If I turn the car off wait and then back on, I can get it to go into gear... Going to have it looked at tomorrow, but I am sad, my first new vehicle, less than 1800 miles on it and trouble already....
I have the exact same issue with mine. What have you found out? I could drive it, but had no power steering, no cold air, no RPM, no speedometer and all the lights are lit up!

Three days after getting my new Kia Seltos all the warning lights came on and I immediately drove it the 19 miles back to the dealer. Pulled into the lot and turned off my car then back on and the warning lights were gone. They put it on the machine to see what caused it and could find no information as to why this happened. They tried to say it was because the camera in the front window was dirty. Three days later I am leaving for lunch at work and the same thing happens. I pull over and turn off the car, waiting a few minutes, turned the car back on and all the lights had turned off again. Then the very next Monday all the warning lights go off again, I am just pulling into the parking lot at work and put my car into park, I decided I needed to move it a tad in the spot better so I try and put it into Reverse and then I couldn't shift at all. So at that point I call my Kia dealer again and have my Seltos towed back to the dealership. It is now four days later, they have a case in with the Kia Techline and are hearing nothing back at all and don't know why it is doing this. They did finally offered me a rental today after a 4 day wait and at their cost but I turned that down because they wanted a copy of my credit card for "incidentals" in case I return the rental with rips or stains in the seats or no gas. I told them to forget it because I don't trust them anymore. So this is what is happening to me and my brand new Kia Seltos S 2022. Has anyone else gone through the same and what was the fix for it.
We have same problem. Car has 3700 miles purchased brand new. KIA Road side assistance had towed to dealer. Took 2 weeks to look at it. then they say no problems. They cant get it to throw any codes. Had rental car come out of my own pocket for 2 weeks (over $300+ a week). Really bummed out this is our 4th KIA. their customer service sucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts