Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - anyone noticing a fairly loud 'buzz' from the dashboard, sound like from right in front of driver...? The Prime Autotainment review had the same issue. Seemed to notice it the second week I had it. Thx... (SX Turbo).

·
29 Posts
I did noticed it today for the first time (car is brand new, 350 miles), and it happened exclusively over a particular part of the road. It sounded to me like some sort of resonance that traveled from the street to the dashboard, through the tires.

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - mine is certainly intermittent but maddening when it happens! Driving the car so little now (retired and COVID stuff). My experience with a number of Kias and Hyundais is that this stuff is worse in cool weather which it definitely is here in CO. If you have 30 seconds, here's a Youtube video I made of a dashboard clicking sound in a brand new 2020 Santa Fe that the dealer could never figure out....it was only solved when I traded in the SF for the Seltos. Nothing in the Seltos is as aggravating as this noise (which, during the summer here, basically went away - back when it got cooler).

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping it was a loose piece of wire for the dash cam under the dash... With COVID I haven't had time to have it professionally installed so it's on a suction cup and a long wire to the 12 volt output! We shall see. I contorted myself to lie down under the steering wheel and look up - under the dash is surprisingly uncluttered and things seem well secured...

·
156 Posts
Mine is going in on Wednesday for hardwiring in Boulder. Let me know if you want his contact info - he just finished an insane audio install on my van so he’s definitely a capable and well-versed installer.

As for the buzzing sound, I’ve seen issues with infotainment system fans going bad in other cars. Some after just a couple thousand miles. Maybe it could be that?

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. There's a great guy up in fort Collins Best Buy that has put on my cameras and a backup camera in the past. Hopefully, he's still there after all this covid stuff. Wife and I are'old' so we are being very careful with going out, etc!

·
156 Posts
Thanks for the info. There's a great guy up in fort Collins Best Buy that has put on my cameras and a backup camera in the past. Hopefully, he's still there after all this covid stuff. Wife and I are'old' so we are being very careful with going out, etc!
Ah we’re in the same town then! I’ll start waving at other Seltos drivers and maybe get the right one eventually - and make some people scratch their heads in the meantime.

I’m loyal to my Boulder guy but Best Buy is helpful (I worked there in high school).
Glad you guys are staying safe. I have a separate thread for my Dashcam install - post some pics there when you’re able!

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm down here in Loveland. Actually, we don't get out that much with COVID. I have literally seen ONE other Seltos around here this past year; that was in F.C., and I can assure you that the driver was not you.... Saw your post on the dash cam install - I'm afraid I would be one of those people not messing with things since 1) I'm good at screwing things up, having had no experience, and 2) I really don't like buzzes etc. in the car - that's why the Santa Fe noise was about enough for me to sell the car, which I did after 11 months - check out that video in an entry above if you haven't - see what you think. They could not solve it, incredibly enough! I have had Viofo A119's in both of our cars for about 4 years now - no problem with them whatsoever - very impressive. I check them every month (play some videos) and format them every quarter. I have the suction cup and an extra power cord for rental cars, etc... I think these new cars should have them built in, for Pete's sake!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.