Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

179 Posts
I reset the unit but nothing changed I still have the same software version
Check again for a software update on that Telegram. I’ve got a flawless connection on the Applepie Ultra 8/128 6115 with the Exploter December 8th software. I have some odd audio routing issues with calls vs notifications on a 3rd party app, but the Kia system is definitely functional.

I’ll link you to the latest post here, just make sure that this is definitely your 4/64 modem and processor: :-) in Carplay AI Box Friends

quick edit: make sure you have CarPlay enabled in phone projection without split-screen.. didn’t realize until now that android 11/12 boxes are using CarPlay and NOT Android Auto as a primary protocol. Mine shows up in phone projection as “iPhone” (even though it’s obviously still an android 12 box). If fw is up to date, your CarPlay settings are correct, and your box is factory reset, you shouldn’t have issues with any of the above.

179 Posts
I own a 2021 Seltos SX, but never heard of a CarLinkit. Can someone tell me what this is?
It plugs into the always-on USB port and allows wireless CarPlay or Android Auto (YMMV on Android)
If you have the smaller screen entertainment system, you already have wireless connection and don't need it.
No, I explained this above.. we’re talking about an “ai box” which places an entire android system on your screen rather than just a wireless dongle that you use as a bridge. It allows you to use any app you want, browser, Netflix, etc. Its a standalone android device like your phone that just utilizes the CarPlay display and audio protocols to show you the screen (rather than having a screen on the device itself). Definitely not legal at least in my state, but it’s useful and safe for a couple things… Use at your own risk!

10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Check again for a software update on that Telegram. I’ve got a flawless connection on the Applepie Ultra 8/128 6115 with the Exploter December 8th software. I have some odd audio routing issues with calls vs notifications on a 3rd party app, but the Kia system is definitely functional.

I’ll link you to the latest post here, just make sure that this is definitely your 4/64 modem and processor: :-) in Carplay AI Box Friends

quick edit: make sure you have CarPlay enabled in phone projection without split-screen.. didn’t realize until now that android 11/12 boxes are using CarPlay and NOT Android Auto as a primary protocol. Mine shows up in phone projection as “iPhone” (even though it’s obviously still an android 12 box). If fw is up to date, your CarPlay settings are correct, and your box is factory reset, you shouldn’t have issues with any of the above.
I'll try to update and let you know

2021 KIA Seltos SX Turbo
210 Posts

Applepie Ultra 8/128 6115??? Not sure what this means.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts