Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My seltos (HTK+ Petrol) is10 days old. Since first day I noticed issue while i dial to someone using apple carplay, the far party (person listening to me) hear echo of his voice.If i unplug the cable and speak on Bluetooth it is clear.
Issue i see is with carplay + KIA infotainment system.
I tried reducing the volume, disable by data(Voice LTE) settings, tried other network(Airtel, JIO), another phone... nothing helped.

Not sure if the same case for others.

Any solution to this, please share. Thanks in Advance

·
201 Posts
Hi,

My seltos (HTK+ Petrol) is10 days old. Since first day I noticed issue while i dial to someone using apple carplay, the far party (person listening to me) hear echo of his voice.If i unplug the cable and speak on Bluetooth it is clear.
Issue i see is with carplay + KIA infotainment system.
I tried reducing the volume, disable by data(Voice LTE) settings, tried other network(Airtel, JIO), another phone... nothing helped.

Not sure if the same case for others.

Any solution to this, please share. Thanks in Advance
I can't speak to your specific problem, but I sometimes experience the echo of my own voice when using the cell phone apart from my car. So it may not be related to your car and be more the function of the phone on that day. I am not sure why it does that, but I know voice transmission always has a slight delay before arriving. So it could be his microphone or yours is catching that delayed voice somehow and "playing" it after you, or he, speaks. Also since the car phone is basically a speaker phone, it is easier for the microphones to pick up that delayed voice.

I am not a tech geek, so maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain this.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't speak to your specific problem, but I sometimes experience the echo of my own voice when using the cell phone apart from my car. So it may not be related to your car and be more the function of the phone on that day. I am not sure why it does that, but I know voice transmission always has a slight delay before arriving. So it could be his microphone or yours is catching that delayed voice somehow and "playing" it after you, or he, speaks. Also since the car phone is basically a speaker phone, it is easier for the microphones to pick up that delayed voice.

I am not a tech geek, so maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain this.
Your analysis could be right, but there is noise cancellation which should take care of those issues.
adding more to my point look at this link

·
201 Posts
I hope you find the solution. I know how annoying that echoing can be. I hope you can solve it without a dealer trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts