Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard/seen any news regarding development or design plans for a Class III (2 inch) hitch receiver for the Seltos? I am an avid mountain biker and would like to get a platform hitch bike rack but I seem to only find Class I (1.25 inch) hitch receivers. I wondered if it was just because of the small size of a Seltos but other vehicles in the same series such as the Subaru Crosstrek have Class III hitch receivers available. The Crosstrek even has a lower towing capacity than the Seltos.

I have researched for awhile now and have not had any luck.

·
2021 Seltos EX Premium
7 Posts
The manual says you can tow 2000 lbs as long as the tongue weight is less than 200 lbs, so a class one should be more than enough for a bike. Maybe as it becomes more popular, bigger hitches will become available. I plan on getting the Curt class 1 to tow a small utility trailer for home reno lumber and dump runs.

·
10 Posts
Yeah I saw that one, but unfortunately it says it’s not a confirmed fit for the Seltos, I reached out to etrailer but they haven’t gotten back to me.
Check there website again, I recall reading that it bolts up correctly but the valence or the plastic trim along the bottom needs minor trimming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts