Kia Seltos Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
4 Posts
it wont fit! there are NO holes in the frame on the bottom, the holes for mounting it are in the inside wall of the frame. Look at the 1 1/4 one, the holes for mount are verticle, not horizontal
The Torklift hitch picture looks to have holes on the side AND the bottom...(although the statement says the actual one may be different than the picture) so maybe the bottom ones are for another vehicle.
But I just noticed that the web site/ad was JUST updated from "2021" to "2021 - 2022" in the last few days; maybe that means that they verified it fits the 2022. Think I'll ask and update here in case anyone else is interested...

·
91 Posts

·
11 Posts
I texted my sales woman yesterday to ask about towing a motorcycle trailer with a loaded weight of less than 1000lbs. This is what she sent me:

"KIA does not rate the Seltos for any towing. A lifestyle tow hitch can be added, this would be for like bike racks or something. A towing hitch could be added aftermarket but if anything happened it would not be covered under warranty"

Needless to say I will not be adding any kind of hitch for towing to the Seltos and lose the powertrain warranty.

I submitted a request to KIA USA to ask this same question to get the info directly from them.

·
91 Posts
I texted my sales woman yesterday to ask about towing a motorcycle trailer with a loaded weight of less than 1000lbs. This is what she sent me:

"KIA does not rate the Seltos for any towing. A lifestyle tow hitch can be added, this would be for like bike racks or something. A towing hitch could be added aftermarket but if anything happened it would not be covered under warranty"

Needless to say I will not be adding any kind of hitch for towing to the Seltos and lose the powertrain warranty.

I submitted a request to KIA USA to ask this same question to get the info directly from them.
Well that's your choice, manual says towing not recommended, no where does it say your warranty would be voided .The Seltos is more than capable to tow some thing less than 1000 lb js

·
11 Posts
Well that's your choice, manual says towing not recommended, no where does it say your warranty would be voided .The Seltos is more than capable to tow some thing less than 1000 lb js
I wish it was a choice, but when a dealer directly tells you they won't cover your powertrain if you tow, that's not exactly a choice. That's a decision to say screw the warranty I'll take my chances. On an engine and transmission package that has already been recalled twice, better safe than sorry. I am curious what KIA themselves has to say. I'll post their reply here when I receive it.

·
91 Posts
I wish it was a choice, but when a dealer directly tells you they won't cover your powertrain if you tow, that's not exactly a choice. That's a decision to say screw the warranty I'll take my chances. On an engine and transmission package that has already been recalled twice, better safe than sorry. I am curious what KIA themselves has to say. I'll post their reply here when I receive it.
That's unfortunate, my dealer took me out to Seltos in the lot at the time of purchase and showed me were it was mounted and it would be fine to tow a small utility trailer.

·
11 Posts
That's unfortunate, my dealer took me out to Seltos in the lot at the time of purchase and showed me were it was mounted and it would be fine to tow a small utility trailer.
Interesting. Wondering if it's dealer specific then? If KIA themselves says it's covered I can at least use that if anything happens.

·
1 Posts
The Torklift hitch picture looks to have holes on the side AND the bottom...(although the statement says the actual one may be different than the picture) so maybe the bottom ones are for another vehicle.
But I just noticed that the web site/ad was JUST updated from "2021" to "2021 - 2022" in the last few days; maybe that means that they verified it fits the 2022. Think I'll ask and update here in case anyone else is interested...
Hey SteveD,
You get any more information on the Torklift? I don’t love the price but seems to be the only option to offer a true 2” receiver. Just want something to put my 6 bike Yamika rack on. Should have researched this more before my Seltos purchase.

·
4 Posts
Hey SteveD,
You get any more information on the Torklift? I don’t love the price but seems to be the only option to offer a true 2” receiver. Just want something to put my 6 bike Yamika rack on. Should have researched this more before my Seltos purchase.
Hey Kayce, sorry it tool a while to respond; have been out of the country for a bit. I did get a response from the mfg, Torklift, who said that they tested the 2021 hitch on the 2022 Seltos and it fits:
" We did just complete testing on the 2022 Seltos. Since we are still in the process of updating the website for the new fitments there are some that may not fully come through yet. The EcoHitch has been confirmed for the 2022 model."
They also raised the price.. :( Did you end up buying this or trying anything else?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts