Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People,

I had parked my car 30 meters away from my home and in the evening when I went to take out the car for a drive, I found the tail light to be damaged. The car was parked well away from the white line of the road. Can someone please look at the damage and tell me what could have caused it? I need your help to avoid future incidents like this. any kind of suggestions are welcome.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
308 Posts
The impact definitely appears to be from behind with the large chunk missing being a result of cracks from the force of it. Possibly a rock or some other object flung at the back of the vehicle.
I circled the (apparent) initial impact area. Is there any debris in the taillight housing that would indicate what hit it? If it was a rock, you might see some fragments or dirt in the housing itself.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The impact definitely appears to be from behind with the large chunk missing being a result of cracks from the force of it. Possibly a rock or some other object flung at the back of the vehicle.
I circled the (apparent) initial impact area. Is there any debris in the taillight housing that would indicate what hit it? If it was a rock, you might see some fragments or dirt in the housing itself.
View attachment 1534
Hi thanks for your reply. I couldn't find any debris. I found fragments of the taillight on the ground. If someone threw a stone it would have to be a heavy one with a perfect aim as there are no other scratches around the taillight housing or the surrounding areas. could be that someone hit it with a rock while walking close to it.

Attachments

·
2021 SX Turbo, Neptune Blue
138 Posts
My rear passenger window was smashed this past June while it was parked in my driveway overnight. I assumed a rock was thrown at it, but no rock was inside the vehicle, only a mess of glass. Also, nothing was stolen from my car. The cops did come over (I reported it), and we both just determined it was a random act of vandalism. KIA replaced it for me for just over $100, which was surprising reasonable. They did a great job!

Just get the repair done and don’t worry too much about the cause. Chances are it won’t happen again, so you just have to go about life and try not to overthink this incident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts