Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw there was a transmission logic update for Seltos in Canada the other day so I decided to stop by my dealer (in the US) to get my oil changed a bit early and see if the update was available here as well. It is in fact available for us, they installed it, and the car drives much smoother than before.

I didn’t really have a ton of complaints but I did have some very minor shuddering at low speeds in intersections (1-5mph) while coming to a stop. Wasn’t enough to talk about but was enough that I noticed it. That one complaint is fixed now. Seems like Kia/Hyundai is paying attention to this stuff.

I figured I should make a thread, I’m curious if anyone who does more city driving is able to notice further issues fixed?

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
43 Posts
I'm having to have my transmission replaced on my Kia Seltos (Canada) . What is this transmission logic update?

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having to have my transmission replaced on my Kia Seltos (Canada) . What is this transmission logic update?
It’s a software update for the transmission specifically - only done by service centers.

I saw your post, I think your EX Premium is CVT. The 1.6T engines have the DCT, so this one wouldn’t affect your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10 Posts
I really noticed the shuttering at low speed and stop signs and stoplights. I had the update done about a week ago and it definitely made it smoother.

However, this morning I noticed it had come back again and I am not sure why.... Thinking about bringing it back in again for them to have a look at it.

·
2 Posts
Hey mate any luck with this. My car does exactly the same and it’s very annoying. I’m from Australia.

·
12 Posts
I received the DCT update a couple days ago and at lower speeds I don't have the shuddering anymore which is a marked improvement from the pre-update behavior. I'll wait and see if it comes back but I hope it doesn't.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
54 Posts
My update was done at last oil change. I didn’t notice any difference as it was just fine before.

·
86 Posts
For me, it performs like a DCT. It's not my only DCT car so I don't worry about it. I haven't had the update yet but will lurk to find out how it works for others before I take the plunge.

·
54 Posts
I almost turned down the update since the DCT was operating as it should but gave the go ahead since I was there. Always concerned about trying to fix something that isn’t broken but maybe there’s updates that are useful but not noticed.
Either way there’s been no noticeable change in the way it drives after one month. And that’s a good thing.

·
58 Posts
For me, it performs like a DCT. It's not my only DCT car so I don't worry about it. I haven't had the update yet but will lurk to find out how it works for others before I take the plunge.
Agree. I got a 2021 Sx turbo with the DCT. And after learning how a DCT works I realizeI have no problems and work quite well... I actually love cause it will haul ass when you need it.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX - Gravity Grey
20 Posts
Just did the DCT update. Yea, seems pretty much the same. I forget how much more engaging this thing is to drive in Sport mode, just wish I could set that as the default mode, Ha.

·
175 Posts
Had SA454 done yesterday - DCT Logic Improvement - I had her print out the whole document that the tech gets - looks like it is for a specific "limp home/check engine light" issue - seemed to drive the same to me...

·
54 Posts
That’s why I decided to have it done. Could fix an issue that I haven’t encountered yet and now, hopefully, never will.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts