Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a GTX+ DCT model a few days ago everything was fine then suddenly i noticed warning popping out from the instrument cluster saying transmission temperature too high. Stop safely. I then found out that the vehicle is not meant to be driven in traffic. But after spending so much do we have to look for traffic conditions before taking the car out. I dont think that is right on kia. I believe you should give us a solution to this problem.

·
3 Posts
i too had the same issue , i am not confident in taking the car to areas where if suddenly it gives this message you are in big trouble.

·
165 Posts
Wow. Isn't this something that might turn into a recall? There has to be some fire risk potential here.

·
1 Posts
Hey guys...
I too had faced same problem with sonet... when I stuck in traffic around 20 min... suddenly msg is came on my cluster saying "transmission temp. Is high, stop safely" after came out from traffic after 10 min, I came to road side put my vehicle in off mode for around 15 min and then went to home...but overall it's too pathetic and irritating.... this is very serious issue, It may get fire if u continue to stuck in traffic... company must have to recall ...

·
147 Posts
Wow. Isn't this something that might turn into a recall? There has to be some fire risk potential here.
Oh my! I’m very sorry to hear that. Is yours a 1.6L Turbo? What is the manufacture date on the nameplate by the driver side door?

I did a 1,800 miles drive 2 weeks ago and I was monitoring the transmission temperature and nothing to be alarmed of. I never saw the temp go up on the display!

I have the 1.6L Turbo with manufacture date of 12-2020.

·
2 Posts
hi all,

i can say i have had to change the way I drive with this car. Car is just over 9 months and has 4k miles on it. When it was only 3 weeks or so took a trip to great adventure safari in NJ and sitting in the stop and go traffic of that line of cars we got the transmission heat warning. Luckily we were almost done with the safari, so once we got onto open road the car cooled off. I did a lot of research on DCTs and found the one thing everyone says is YOU CANT RIDE THE BRAKE. Biggest thing i had to learn is there is no creeping in this car. Let the car in front of you move enough that you can actually step on the gas to move the car. Since then me and my wife havent had any issues. This is coming from 2 people that live in Brooklyn where we deal with traffic on a daily basis. Once my lease is up if the new Seltos is DCT im definitely going to have to give it a second thought before upgrading. Hope this has been helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts