Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Today I started a navigation and got this weird behaviour: the driver LCD keeps restarting with the System Check message.
It doesn't prevent me from driving but it's very reassuring...
Has anybody seen anything like that before on their Kia?
I've read something similar having to do with a battery issue.
The vehicle is new, out from the dealership last week.
The video of the problem is here :

I have an appoitmtent with the dealership, but nothing available before december 14th...

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
What happens when the vehicle is running? It looks like you just have the power on without it being started...

Edit: never mind, I guess it was running and the tach dropped to zero. Comes back up when you stop guidance...that is very weird...

· Super Moderator
425 Posts
Nothing happens actually. Power is fine and I can drive but I have no working instrument panel.
Yeah, I caught that at the end finally.

Are there any issues when using ApplePlay or Android Nav?
I've always used my phone and never the built in so couldn't say for sure if mine had a similar issue or not, but I'm doubting it

· Super Moderator
425 Posts
CarPlay works fine.
I enjoy the built in navigation as I get the turn by turn on the HUD, unlike with CarPlay.
Yeah, I've been meaning to try it for that reason alone...might have to fire it up and see if there are any issues...lol
Sucks that it's happening to your brand new ride, hopefully they can fix it easily enough.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update : I disconnected the negative of the battery for 30 seconds and everything is now back to normal.

Prior to that, a system reset didn't do anything. No update was made (it is stock 2023 Seltos with the new nav).

2 Posts
Hey , im facing this issue in my seltos 2023 model, so you disconnected the negative for 30 seconds and replugged it in and it fixes ?

Can you explain how you did it , im not very mechanically incremental towards car.

2 Posts
Hey , im facing this issue in my seltos 2023 model, so you disconnected the negative for 30 seconds and replugged it in and it fixes ? Can you explain how you did it , im not very mechanically incremental towards car.
Yep, never did it again (close to 1500km now) Wear gloves Open the battery cover. Disconnect the black terminal from the battery. Make sure it doesn’t touch anything. Wait 30 seconds. Reattach the terminal and secure it. That’s it.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
Yeah, I've been meaning to try it for that reason alone...might have to fire it up and see if there are any issues...lol
Sucks that it's happening to your brand new ride, hopefully they can fix it easily enough.
Speed, I'm amazed you have yet to try the inbuilt nav. Yes, it's often a bit out of date re speed zones and new developments, but otherwise it is great. The guidance is precise and clear, the visuals are great, especially the lanes where multiple, and at roundabouts, and duplicated in the head up display. I will use it in preference to the Google/Apple maps via the CarPlay any time if I know I covers where I want to go. (y) :)

2023 EX
54 Posts
Speed, I'm amazed you have yet to try the inbuilt nav. Yes, it's often a bit out of date re speed zones and new developments, but otherwise it is great. The guidance is precise and clear, the visuals are great, especially the lanes where multiple, and at roundabouts, and duplicated in the head up display. I will use it in preference to the Google/Apple maps via the CarPlay any time if I know I covers where I want to go. (y) :)
Agree. I thought I was really going to use Waze via Apple CarPlay but have found the Seltos NAV more than adequate except for telling me where the cops are! 😀

· Super Moderator
425 Posts
Agree. I thought I was really going to use Waze via Apple CarPlay but have found the Seltos NAV more than adequate except for telling me where the cops are! 😀
Since I got the carlinkit and my CarPlay comes up automatically, the apple maps just works easier. I can request a destination with voice commands (which built in can’t) and I still get the speed camera and red light camera warnings from the built in…best of both worlds…

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
I forced myself to use the KIA navigation today. And truth be told, wasn't bad at all. One, it did allow me to request by voice. Wasn't perfect, had to respond to some follow-up questions. I said, 'navigate to 123 Main'. It prompted with two possible addresses, both were the same, one may not have had the postal code, don't recall. I tried to select one, but what it wants you to do is tell it which, 1 or 2. Ultimately it figured it out.

I do recall it not responding to voice requests when I first tried it (the first week I had the car), rather it would give some kind of Server Unreachable error or something. I'm wondering now if that had something to do with KIAConnect. I didn't sign up for the KIAConnect till a couple of weeks in. By that point, I was using Google Maps.

It actually has some nice features. Displays next turn info in the heads-up display. The brevity of the dialogue is appreciated. I often think Google is a little long-winded. What lets it down is the incorrect speed limit data MapNSoft licensed from some brutally outdated provider.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts