Kia Seltos Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
112 Posts
You can deactivate it on Seltos models in Canada.The switch is on the lower left hand side where the traction control button is.
What I meant was you cannot deactivate it permanently. Yes you can push the Off button every time you start up the car! And that’s part of my start up checklist.

·
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
232 Posts
If you go for a Mazda CX-30 or CX-5, you have to get the Turbo version. The Mazda non-turbo engine has Cylinder Deactivation (CD) which many of the Mazda owners complain about. That is a bad technology (IMHO) that is forced into Mazda owners. You cannot deactivate it! Just like the Engine Stop & Go of my Seltos - you cannot deactivate it.
This is not accurate or current, the non-turbo engine does not have CD on all models it only applies to the top 2020 models (Premium in the US and GT in Canada), also this feature has been discontinued for the 2021 model year. Also all CX-30's do not have the "stop & Go" feature.

·
172 Posts
I disabled mine permanently or until I wamt it to work again.You cut a piece of an old credit car the length and depth of the switch and slide it in between the that one and the one next to it which I think is the traction control while depressing the start stop.It will stay off with the auto start stop light on indicating that.Whenever you want you can just pick it back out.That trick came from a previos poster here.

·
16 Posts
I would suspect that all of them will be recalled since they may have the same rings.Is your model a turbo or 2 litre.If it is in the 2 litre motors then I would say they have identical internals same as all turbos As they would have the same internals.
Not sure about the internals like you said but the article specifically says that it's the 2 liter engine only. Hoping my 1.6 is safe from the recall. Good luck

·
116 Posts
Just trying to wrap my head around this: am I correct in that the Seltos, Soul, Forte, Cadenza, Telluride, K5, and Sportage have all had major safety-related recalls in the last two months? This is all very bad.

·
91 Posts
Hi guys, got this right now. Please check your vins to see if your Seltos is recalled. If yours is in the list, please keep us updated on how your dealer dealt with this recall and what any other info they gave you.

View attachment 811
View attachment 811
Man what a bummer. I think mine was made in July 2020 so I may have dodged a bullet with that one. I'll check tomorrow to be sure. But what a pain getting an engine change over, even if it is just 1 in a 100. If anyone is that 1 then I wish whoever has to get it then good luck as most of the crews in dealerships have no idea like old school mechanics other than plug it in and reprogram. I would dread an engine change over at a modern day dealership.
Thanks for the heads up Luisito.

·
2007 Dodge Caliber
12 Posts
I'm okay.Mine was built on the 10/20.I believe anything before 6/20 are affected by the recall.
With a build date of 10/20 you're part of the recall provided you have the 2L.

"2021 model year Kia Seltos vehicles(21,849 units) manufactured from November 20, 2019 through October 15, 2020 equipped with 2.0L Nu MPI"

·
2 Posts
Man what a bummer. I think mine was made in July 2020 so I may have dodged a bullet with that one. I'll check tomorrow to be sure. But what a pain getting an engine change over, even if it is just 1 in a 100. If anyone is that 1 then I wish whoever has to get it then good luck as most of the crews in dealerships have no idea like old school mechanics other than plug it in and reprogram. I would dread an engine change over at a modern day dealership.
Thanks for the heads up Luisito.
My 2021 Seltos LX is currently at the dealership getting a new engine. I purchased it August 2020 and it had 8600KM when it broke down. I learned the hard way about the recall. Was driving on Hwy 401 in Ontario and my Seltos stalled at the traffic lights at an off ramp. It locked in drive and the key was locked in the ignition. Kia roadside assistance had no help for me since it was 4pm on a Saturday and the local dealership was closed until Monday. I managed to force it out of drive and into neutral, the ignition unlocked, and the car started. I drove it back to Ottawa (150km) without issue. The next day I received a recall notice in the mail. I took my Seltos right in and yep, new engine needed. I was provided a rental and it sounds like my Seltos will be ready next week. If so, it will have taken 4 weeks to fix.

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
36 Posts
My 2021 Seltos LX is currently at the dealership getting a new engine. I purchased it August 2020 and it had 8600KM when it broke down. I learned the hard way about the recall. Was driving on Hwy 401 in Ontario and my Seltos stalled at the traffic lights at an off ramp. It locked in drive and the key was locked in the ignition. Kia roadside assistance had no help for me since it was 4pm on a Saturday and the local dealership was closed until Monday. I managed to force it out of drive and into neutral, the ignition unlocked, and the car started. I drove it back to Ottawa (150km) without issue. The next day I received a recall notice in the mail. I took my Seltos right in and yep, new engine needed. I was provided a rental and it sounds like my Seltos will be ready next week. If so, it will have taken 4 weeks to fix.
Where can you find the affected vin numbers. Kiss website doesn't recognize mine.🤔

·
137 Posts
I had better luck with this website
Our Turbo model doesn't have anything showing at this point....

21 - 38 of 38 Posts