Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and Happy New Year! I purchased a CPO '21 Seltos last June. Loving the car (not the dealership though!!) and had a quick question for you all. I've had my TPMS light come on twice (thank you, PA, for the extreme cold weather!) and it took 150 miles for the light to go out once I checked the pressure once they were back in range. Yes, you read that right---one hundred and fifty miles!!! I also own a '21 Soul (purchased in 2021) and it only takes 25 miles for it to reset. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The Manual says poling ought to be in a 1-2 minute cycle, or in another location 'a few minutes', so definitely sounds like an issue. Maybe a fault with the sensor itself. Maybe the weather playing its part. Curious is it reading the pressure correctly?

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it into the dealer the first time it went on. The service advisor said it could take up to 100 miles. I read the pressure by using the air machine at the gas station as well as a handheld device. I have to find a different dealership to go to since I was told by the sales manager never to return to the dealership again. That's a WHOLE other story.....

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
As a rule I usually run my tires at 3psi over the door recommendation, this helps mitigate those annoying “low tire pressure” warnings for cold weather. Up here in northern Saskatchewan where it can easily trend to -30C for weeks at a time, it’s a necessity. If you top up your tires to factory pressure (minimum) the low pressure warning should go away almost immediately. If you’re just running them on the highway in the cold, the low pressure warning usually won’t go away until they warm up enough to hit at least 1 or 2 psi above the threshold…which may not even happen in severe cold.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
As a rule I usually run my tires at 3psi over the door recommendation, this helps mitigate those annoying “low tire pressure” warnings for cold weather. Up here in northern Saskatchewan where it can easily trend to -30C for weeks at a time, it’s a necessity. If you top up your tires to factory pressure (minimum) the low pressure warning should go away almost immediately. If you’re just running them on the highway in the cold, the low pressure warning usually won’t go away until they warm up enough to hit at least 1 or 2 psi above the threshold…which may not even happen in severe cold.
Even though where I live it never gets really cold, I top the tyres up to 40psi, as they always lose pressure slowly anyway, then when they get down to about 35psi, I top them up to 40 again, checking the pressure readout is correct via good old pressure gauge. So far they’ve agreed well. At those levels even cold weather should not trigger a low pressure warning, and should avoid flat spots.

Seltos GT-line, (=SX), 2020 model, Mars Orange, 1.6L turbo, AWD
224 Posts
I'll go as high as 38psi, but our roads can be rough enough without driving on hockey puck level of inflation...lol
Actually the ride feels little different between the 36psi and the 40, Speed, and our roads are nothing to write home about either in many places.

50 Posts
s a rule I usually run my tires at 3psi over the door recommendation, this helps mitigate those annoying “low tire pressure” warnings for cold weather. Up here in northern Saskatchewan where it can easily trend to -30C for weeks at a time, it’s a necessity. If you top up your tires to factory pressure (minimum) the low pressure warn
Ditto this, door says 34, I got to 37 year round. Eliminates the sudden surprise of cold weather. I might adjust if temps are supper cold or hot. Also if you get a nail or screw, you have a little more leeway before it goes totally flat, so if like me, you are in the habit of checking the pressure from the dash every time you drive, you'd could prevent a total flat.

4 Posts
HAVE A QUESTION NOT ON AIR PRESSURE, YOU SAY YOU ARE IN CANADA, DO YOU KEEP YOU VEHICLE IN A HEATED GARAGE OR DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN GET BLOCK HEATER FOR A 2023 KIA SELTOS SX? THANKS.

· Super Moderator
425 Posts
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?...lol:ROFLMAO:

Yes, my vehicle lives in underground heated parking (Condo).
Yes, you can get a block heater for a Seltos SX (or any other trim), typically dealer installed.

Cheers mate.:cool:

2023 SX
12 Posts
HAVE A QUESTION NOT ON AIR PRESSURE, YOU SAY YOU ARE IN CANADA, DO YOU KEEP YOU VEHICLE IN A HEATED GARAGE OR DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN GET BLOCK HEATER FOR A 2023 KIA SELTOS SX? THANKS.

I have a block heater installed, park outside. I run the plug up by the hood hinge to keep it out of the road grime when unplugged, no need to open the hood to plug in.

· Super Moderator
425 Posts
I have a block heater installed, park outside. I run the plug up by the hood hinge to keep it out of the road grime when unplugged, no need to open the hood to plug in.
They installed yours with a cord? Mine has an accessory plug installed in the grille, I just plug an aux cord in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts