Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I consider myself moderately intelligent. But I can't figure out the trick to removing the oem floor mats from their anchors. The Owners manual is no help, as it just says to make sure to use the anchors. My old Prius had anchors and they were easy enough for even me to figure out. Turn the anchor to line up with the slot in the mat and remove. Voila! But I can't figure these things out. Can someone dumb it down for my feeble brain, please?

Thanks.

·
25 Posts
I had the same issue! I thought I was going to break it when I tried at first! They are hard to get but just lift the mat up and pull back towards the seat. Let me know if I can help more!

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So pleased to learn I'm not the only person with the problem. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

-edit- And a quick follow-up. I just found this video on YouTube which shows exactly what you explained. If we had known it's sort of a hook, we could have figured it out sooner. You'd think they might mention that in the owners manual. :rolleyes:

·
25 Posts
So pleased to learn I'm not the only person with the problem. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

-edit- And a quick follow-up. I just found this video on YouTube which shows exactly what you explained. If we had known it's sort of a hook, we could have figured it out sooner. You'd think they might mention that in the owners manual. :rolleyes:
Im glad I could help! I agree the owners manual has its down falls!

·
5 Posts
I had the same problem too. The hook projects forward , so lifting the mat and sliding forward over the projection worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts