Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, this is my first post! I’m wondering if anyone with the SX turbo has figured out how to get CarPlay or android auto to take up the full screen. I see on Kia.com that it can be done but I don’t see the option anywhere in my Seltos. I get a split screen app to the far right third of the screen, and CarPlay takes up just 2/3rds. If I close the split screen app all together, it just shows an icon for Apple CarPlay.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to reply!

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo Lunar Orange
22 Posts
Wondering about this as well. I test drove a 2020 Soul with the large screen and CarPlay took up the full screen. Have to think that Seltos is same software.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wondering about this as well. I test drove a 2020 Soul with the large screen and CarPlay took up the full screen. Have to think that Seltos is same software.
Thank you for the reply. I know CarPlay supports widescreens too, so this should be doable.

·
69 Posts
Hey there, this is my first post! I’m wondering if anyone with the SX turbo has figured out how to get CarPlay or android auto to take up the full screen. I see on Kia.com that it can be done but I don’t see the option anywhere in my Seltos. I get a split screen app to the far right third of the screen, and CarPlay takes up just 2/3rds. If I close the split screen app all together, it just shows an icon for Apple CarPlay.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has time to reply!
Have only been able to do the 2/3 1/3 setting with CarPlay on 2/3 screen. Rather like having the 1/3 screen open with the map setting.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have only been able to do the 2/3 1/3 setting with CarPlay on 2/3 screen. Rather like having the 1/3 screen open with the map setting.
I like having the option also, but I’d prefer to be able to have CarPlay go full screen. Apple has made some nice optimizations for widescreens.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally figured out how to get CarPlay to go full screen! There is an option in the settings, but you have to have your iPhone UNPLUGGED in order to change the setting. I'll post pictures of where I found this setting.

Go to "Device Connections" and then select Apple CarPlay, and then uncheck the box for "Use Split Screen".

·
69 Posts
I finally figured out how to get CarPlay to go full screen! There is an option in the settings, but you have to have your iPhone UNPLUGGED in order to change the setting. I'll post pictures of where I found this setting.

Go to "Device Connections" and then select Apple CarPlay, and then uncheck the box for "Use Split Screen". View attachment 354 View attachment 355
Success! Thank you for sharing.

·
69 Posts
Does not work on 8 inch screen.
That's not good. I am really liking the larger screen. Tried it out today while driving. Although nice, the 10" screen is a bit large for CarPlay. The 2/3 split seems better. CarPlay for music and podcasts and map on 1/3. Definitely worth it.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not good. I am really liking the larger screen. Tried it out today while driving. Although nice, the 10" screen is a bit large for CarPlay. The 2/3 split seems better. CarPlay for music and podcasts and map on 1/3. Definitely worth it.
I like having the option, but I get your point. I really like the home screen view for CarPlay that puts 3-4 “widgets” on screen simultaneously. Looks great in full screen, and I haven’t found the Kia built in apps to be super useful when on just the right 3rd of the screen. They’re not very interactive in my experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts