Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Seltos EX 15 days back and have clocked over 400KM. Till now I have not experienced Forward collision-avoidance assist getting activated even when I was relatively close to another vehicle in front of me.

I checked the manual and verified that it was active and also ensured that ESC was on and speed was indeed above 10KM/h threshold.

has anyone experience such issue?

·
116 Posts
Do you have a front-mount license plate? I had issues with this due to my front plate partially blocking the sensor, even though it didn’t give me an error message as it does when it’s covered in snow.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a front-mount license plate? I had issues with this due to my front plate partially blocking the sensor, even though it didn’t give me an error message as it does when it’s covered in snow.
Good point. I do have a front-mount license plate. I will check tomorrow to see if it is causing any issue. thanks.

·
144 Posts
Good point. I do have a front-mount license plate. I will check tomorrow to see if it is causing any issue. thanks.
Front mount license plate - yes. Hasn't impacted the FCA. Told me last night that the parked car in front of me was too close while trying to squeeze in a space. I have noticed that when used with the cruise control on, it gets confused by cars exiting the freeway.

·
2021 Seltos EX Premium
4 Posts
Front mounted plate wouldn't affect the sensor. The sensor for all Highway Drive Assist features is done through the camera system at the top of the windshield.
Make sure that is all clear.

·
116 Posts
Front mounted plate wouldn't affect the sensor. The sensor for all Highway Drive Assist features is done through the camera system at the top of the windshield.
Make sure that is all clear.
That is completely untrue. Cameras are not solely used for this system with ANY manufacturer (yes, Tesla is included in this statement). Please read your manual for this sort of information. I've attached the applicable manual pages here for forum reference
seltos1.PNG
seltos2.PNG

·
2021 Seltos EX Premium
4 Posts
You're right...when I was speaking of the HDA functions, I should have said "majority" when it came to the camera. "All" was meant to be "the".
OP was specifically talking about the Collision avoidance which absolutely uses the radar.
I guess I just don't see how a license plate would affect the sensor - unless you would have a large frame around it.
My apologies.

·
144 Posts
OK, so the FCA got tested today. It worked, even turned on the hazard flashers for me! Car in front of me decided to make a sudden left turn and braked really hard. Rather narrow lane and not much room to swerve. Seltos reacted faster than I did. Braked really hard, as in the antilock engaged and made that wonderful sound and felt the pedal vibrate. Didn't hit the car in front of me. Although likely my fault for not fully paying attention, glad the FCA engaged and prevented a rear end collision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts