Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I'm in Los Angeles and am looking to purchase a Seltos.

Does anyone know why a used 2021 Seltos costs more than a brand new 2023 model?

Thank you.

· Super Moderator
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
425 Posts
Hi everyone, just joined the forum. I'm in Los Angeles and am looking to purchase a Seltos.

Does anyone know why a used 2021 Seltos costs more than a brand new 2023 model?

Thank you.
LOL, guess you haven't been paying attention to the car shortages news for a while...

With the ongoing chip shortages, production backlogs, rubber shortages (yes, it's also a thing); new cars are currently almost impossible to get without a factory order and 6-8 month wait. Because of this used car prices have skyrocketed the last two years as it is one of the only reliable ways to get a car quickly if you need one right away. There was some talk that prices were starting to come back down, but I haven't seen it yet.

If you can afford to wait, your best bet is order a car and sit it out...but don't be surprised if your dealer tacks a price adjustment fee on it when it arrives (YMMV). If you aren't prepared to pay it, the next guy through the door undoubtedly will, so bear that in mind. It's a lot more prevalent in the US than Canada, but I've heard of it happening here sporadically as well.

2023 EX
54 Posts
I just read an article indicating car manufacturers will put add ons in the vehicle like sear warmers, heating steering wheel, etc, but then charge you a monthly fee to activate each add on. Unbelievable.

2023 KIA Seltos SX
208 Posts
Yeah BMW I think took some flak for installing all the airbags, and charging you for them, but only turning the ones the country its being sold in 'mandate as a requirement'. The rest are monthly payments to enable. Sorry kids ... no airbags for you daddy can't afford them.

But lets not highjack OPs thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts