Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks one year of ownership of my KIA Seltos. Yes, when the pandemic hit, most people bought toilet paper. I bought a new KIA. I have to say it has been a wonderful year. Road trips to WA, AZ, NV added miles up rather quickly. Already at 24,000 miles. Glad it's not a lease. It's been a blast to drive - comfortable, great mileage (highest average was 34MPG driving to AZ), and holds quite a bit.

It's been loads of fun - some minor off roading up an unpaved access road. AWD and Downhill Braking Control worked wonderfully. Also kept me safe - Forward Collision Avoidance prevented an accident due to a quick lane change by another driver. The steering assist and lane control are nice features on some of those long road trips. You may think you're alert but driver fatigue is real.

No major issues. Automatic climate control took a bit of working out as I am kinda picky when it's below 70 degrees. Since I am the primary driver, dual climate control isn't an issue for me however I could see there could be times I want 80 degrees and the passengers might not. This is where the heated seats are a bonus.

Biggest expense - new tires. At 18,000 miles, right front driver-side tire developed a bubble and wouldn't hold pressure. Since it wasn't a warranty item, had to get new tires. Dealer wanted over $700 for two exact matching Kumho tires. Local shop found same brand with similar tread so I could replace two at a time - $320.

Goal for 2021 - look at aftermarket and KIA accesosories to outfit the Seltos to be used in more ways. Cross Bars, awning, roof rack, along with a few other items. Had to fold down the seats and sleep in the back twice. Since it was rather comfortable, I'm thinking along the lines of camping and longer road trips.

Enjoy some photos. Here is to year number 2 of KIA ownership.

'21 Seltos Plateau.jpg tempImage8y9brZ.jpg tempImage8y9brZ.jpg Cargo Capacity.jpg Harts Lake WA.jpg Seltos - Crystal Springs Ranch.jpg tempImageNlmg6K.jpg tempImageZia3Ug.jpg tempImageG9RdvO.jpg

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
30 Posts
Today marks one year of ownership of my KIA Seltos. Yes, when the pandemic hit, most people bought toilet paper. I bought a new KIA. I have to say it has been a wonderful year. Road trips to WA, AZ, NV added miles up rather quickly. Already at 24,000 miles. Glad it's not a lease. It's been a blast to drive - comfortable, great mileage (highest average was 34MPG driving to AZ), and holds quite a bit.

It's been loads of fun - some minor off roading up an unpaved access road. AWD and Downhill Braking Control worked wonderfully. Also kept me safe - Forward Collision Avoidance prevented an accident due to a quick lane change by another driver. The steering assist and lane control are nice features on some of those long road trips. You may think you're alert but driver fatigue is real.

No major issues. Automatic climate control took a bit of working out as I am kinda picky when it's below 70 degrees. Since I am the primary driver, dual climate control isn't an issue for me however I could see there could be times I want 80 degrees and the passengers might not. This is where the heated seats are a bonus.

Biggest expense - new tires. At 18,000 miles, right front driver-side tire developed a bubble and wouldn't hold pressure. Since it wasn't a warranty item, had to get new tires. Dealer wanted over $700 for two exact matching Kumho tires. Local shop found same brand with similar tread so I could replace two at a time - $320.

Goal for 2021 - look at aftermarket and KIA accesosories to outfit the Seltos to be used in more ways. Cross Bars, awning, roof rack, along with a few other items. Had to fold down the seats and sleep in the back twice. Since it was rather comfortable, I'm thinking along the lines of camping and longer road trips.

View attachment 722 View attachment 723 View attachment 723 View attachment 724 View attachment 725 View attachment 726 View attachment 727 View attachment 729 View attachment 728
Congratulations!!
I love mine too and still get tingly as I walk toward it in a parking lot! ☺

·
57 Posts

View attachment 722 View attachment 723 View attachment 723 View attachment 724 View attachment 725 View attachment 726 View attachment 727 View attachment 729 View attachment 728
I am surprised the dealer didn't help you out. The tires are on a separate warranty, but still they should have given you a deal. I traded my OEM tires for some better all weather. I have a set of original with less than 200 miles on them, but they are 18".

·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am surprised the dealer didn't help you out. The tires are on a separate warranty, but still they should have given you a deal. I traded my OEM tires for some better all weather. I have a set of original with less than 200 miles on them, but they are 18".
I know. They contacted Kumho. Response back was that due to mileage and tread wear it was out of warranty. Considering that, I went to the local tire shop and got new ones. Didn't feel like dealing with the hassle either.

We shall see what happens when I go in for the 24K service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts