Kia Seltos Forum banner

Has anyone seen dealers with deals during COVID-19?

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Ehjay 
#1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine about all the plant closures from car companies and it got me wondering about how that will affect dealerships domestically with their inventory. Has anyone looked recently seen more flexibility on Kia prices below MSRP? Given that dealership traffic is likely down?

#4 ·
Or you could go in and make the dealer an offer. There's so little foot traffic in dealerships these days that I'm sure they are more than willing to make deals they wouldn't before to reduce floor plan. They pay interest on those cars when they sit on the lot often. They often borrow money to pay for thier stock and pay off the loan when they sell the car unless the dealership has the cash to finance their own floor plan. You can make a great deal by going in to the dealership and negotiating a good price if you take the initiative. Before things started closing down, I negotiated $1900 off a Seltos SX. They have more incentive now than they did back then.

Stop looking or waiting for a deal. Go make a deal for yourself.

#6 · (Edited)
I can't answer that question considering I don't where you live. As for my area, dealers are open and are still selling cars. In areas where showrooms are closed, they are selling them touchless from what I hear. Even here, you can arrange the purchase online and have the car delivered to your home. They come, you test drive. If it meets to your satisfaction, you sign and they leave it with you.

Honestly, if you want to actually buy a car, you can get one sold to you in many cases if you take the initiative. This is a great time for a buyer if you know what you are doing.

People who want to buy are buying even in places where dealer showrooms are closed to the public.

#7 ·
local dealer here in canada is offering to bring the vehicle right to your door for a test drive because showroom is closed .I'd imagine a deal could still be negotiated over the phone / email / text so long as they get your credit approved and signature on documents all while practicing safe distancing .

#11 ·
Crazy, are they still closed out east conwelpic?. Here in Calgary they are open. I got 4 month payment deferral on my Seltos Turbo. Went for a test drive and everything. They were very good about keeping 2m between everyone. The Seltos I test drove was all wiped down before I got in it. And I saw the lot manager wiping it again when I was finished.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.