Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2021 SX Turbo AWD Neptune Blue
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I read in the manual that a heated steering wheel is available in a Seltos. I have the SX Turbo AWD with just about every option available, but there was no heated steering wheel possibility from the factory. So my question: does anyone know if the wheel already has the heating element and we just need to get and install the switch, or will a new steering wheel be necessary (along with a switch)? I imagine the wiring harness already has the provision for the heated steering wheel, but I'm not sure of that either. Any thoughts/ experiences?

Thanks!

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
43 Posts
So, I read in the manual that a heated steering wheel is available in a Seltos. I have the SX Turbo AWD with just about every option available, but there was no heated steering wheel possibility from the factory. So my question: does anyone know if the wheel already has the heating element and we just need to get and install the switch, or will a new steering wheel be necessary (along with a switch)? I imagine the wiring harness already has the provision for the heated steering wheel, but I'm not sure of that either. Any thoughts/ experiences?

Thanks!
Really? I have the EX premium (Canada) and when I was trying to decide which one to get, I thought the turbo had everything. It's a pretty common feature in a lot of newer cars.

·
'22 Seltos SX Turbo // Snow White Pearl
34 Posts
Living in Wisconsin, I was quite disappointed that I couldn't get the heated steering wheel on my SX Turbo. It's just not an available option here in the US.

Canadian Seltos' also have ventilated seats available, correct? I wanted those, too! :(

·
2021 Kia Seltos Ex Premium
43 Posts
I have the EX Premium which I don't think is available in the US and yes, ventilated front seats. I don't get why you wouldn't get the heated steering wheel there. You get cold weather as well don't you?

·
'22 Seltos SX Turbo // Snow White Pearl
34 Posts
I have the EX Premium which I don't think is available in the US and yes, ventilated front seats. I don't get why you wouldn't get the heated steering wheel there. You get cold weather as well don't you?
Yes, we definitely get cold here. 🥶 Precisely why I wanted those features. Correct… we don’t have an EX Premium trim level here. I still bought the Seltos because it fit what I was looking for in a very attractive package at a decent price point. But it would’ve been nice for Kia to offer a “cold weather” package with those features.

·
152 Posts
Yes, we definitely get cold here. 🥶 Precisely why I wanted those features. Correct… we don’t have an EX Premium trim level here. I still bought the Seltos because it fit what I was looking for in a very attractive package at a decent price point. But it would’ve been nice for Kia to offer a “cold weather” package with those features.
i agree. KIA really underestimated the US buyers. I too, would have spent more for the following on the Seltos if available in the US: heated steering wheel, ventilated front seats, two driver memory driver’s seat, power liftgate, HUD, 4-way adjustable passenger seat, and power folding side mirrors. The features I just mentioned were in the vehicle that I traded in for the Seltos SX Turbo. Sigh.

Does anyone know where to email complaints to KIA USA?

·
58 Posts
Living in Wisconsin, I was quite disappointed that I couldn't get the heated steering wheel on my SX Turbo. It's just not an available option here in the US.

Canadian Seltos' also have ventilated seats available, correct? I wanted those, too! :(
Same here in CT bought top model and no vented seats or heated wheel. Cooled seats are available in the GT Forte.. why not Seltos???

·
53 Posts
SX Turbo does not have a heated wheel and there are no "elements" in the steering wheel. (US Vehicles)

·
117 Posts

Thanks!
The idiots at KIA do not put a heated steering wheel in the USA model. Canada gets one. You can purchase one from Canada for $700. Don't count on getting it installed, however.

·
2021 Kia Seltos SX
13 Posts
i agree. KIA really underestimated the US buyers. I too, would have spent more for the following on the Seltos if available in the US: heated steering wheel, ventilated front seats, two driver memory driver’s seat, power liftgate, HUD, 4-way adjustable passenger seat, and power folding side mirrors. The features I just mentioned were in the vehicle that I traded in for the Seltos SX Turbo. Sigh.

Does anyone know where to email complaints to KIA USA?
That's the one thing i miss the most after upgrading from my Forte SX to the Seltos SX, 2 seat memory and dual temp control. WE do have the heated steering wheel, and vented cooled front seats, heated seats all around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts