Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mileage is everyone at currently and what has the experience been like so far?

·
55 Posts
Still only 2200. Working from home has changed my mileage massively..

Suspension has set in a bit - no longer rides as rough, but still performs as expected.

The glossy trim is impossible to keep clean.

Premium audio is good. Was considering audio mods when I got it but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Built in nav is mediocre

Dark tints changed the whole game (especially on the gray color)

I never actually use the Qi wireless charging - cable is needed for CarPlay.

Interior lighting kit is cool but I wish it was a bit brighter. Puddle lights were worth it.

I need floor liners. Hoping that Black Friday/Cyber Monday will bring a discount from weather tech. The OEM carpet mats are complete garbage.

Auto headlights are too sensitive, driving past trees that put shade on the road is enough to trigger them.

Performance on SX is great at altitude. Very happy with the car overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2021 SX Turbo
7 Posts
I'm at 1500 miles. I'm not the primary driver, but I take it out every now and then. My primary car is a 2020 Sorento SX, so I have that to compare to.

It's a bit shakey at idle.. more so than I would like, anyway. I'm wondering what a CRC GDI intake treatment will do for it (as that worked well on my previous 2016 Sorento).

I like that there's a separate tray for the Qi charging (unlike the Sorento), but I don't tend to use it since Apple CarPlay isn't wireless yet.

The performance on the SX turbo is great imo. The DCT hasn't given us any issues. It's much faster off the line and more nimble than the Sorento V6.

I would say the Seltos feels more cramped in the shoulder area for sure, but otherwise, it's more roomy than I had expected. Plenty of head room and good visibility.

The seats in the Seltos are shorter than the Sorento, so thigh support isn't quite as good. And the Sofino material isn't a plus for me.. I don't slide into the seat like I would with real leather.

Overall, I think the Seltos is great for people who might be coming from a compact sedan or coupe and are looking to get their first SUV. It definitely has a premium look and it's fun to drive.

·
94 Posts
OK - so odometer turned 16,000 during a road trip to Tucson AZ. Gotta admit I am loving my Seltos. Have taken two long road trips and managed 32 MPG. Still had pep in Sport mode when it was needed. Have even used the AWD for some gravel and dirt roads.

Seats are pretty much dialed in where I want it. The heat and Sofino are comfortable. Just wish there was a memory function so at least the primary driver could have a setting. Routine care of the seats with a leather cleaner from WalMart keeps them clean, soft, and slippery.

Storage space has been sufficient. Might install the overhead racks for longer road trips.The more I drive the Seltos, the more pleased I am with my decision.

·
94 Posts
Still only 2200. Working from home has changed my mileage massively..

Suspension has set in a bit - no longer rides as rough, but still performs as expected.

The glossy trim is impossible to keep clean.

Premium audio is good. Was considering audio mods when I got it but I don’t think it’s necessary.

Built in nav is mediocre

Dark tints changed the whole game (especially on the gray color)

I never actually use the Qi wireless charging - cable is needed for CarPlay.

Interior lighting kit is cool but I wish it was a bit brighter. Puddle lights were worth it.

I need floor liners. Hoping that Black Friday/Cyber Monday will bring a discount from weather tech. The OEM carpet mats are complete garbage.

Auto headlights are too sensitive, driving past trees that put shade on the road is enough to trigger them.

Performance on SX is great at altitude. Very happy with the car overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been watching Weather Tech but nothing yet. If not mats, at least the rear cargo mat with the high sides would be nice!

As for the Auto lights, agreed. I quit using that feature as the auto high beam was troublesome too - light reflecting off a bent road side tends to confuse the sensors and the high beams ended up flashing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts