Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am the Internet Sales Manager from Gerald Kia of Naperville in Illinois. I wanted to post what we had coming in to see if anyone on here would be interested in coming in to take a look.

2021 Seltos LX
Gray/Black AWD ($23,320)2/11/20
Gray/Black AWD ($23,290)2/19/20
Cherry Black/Black AWD ($23,635)2/19/20

2021 Seltos S 2.0
Snow White/Black AWD ($25,200)2/11/20
Neptune Blue/Black AWD ($24,790)2/11/20
Mars Orange/Black FWD ($23,320)2/11/20
Clear White/Black AWD ($25,200)2/19/20
Snow White/Black AWD ($25,180)2/19/20

2021 Seltos S 1.6
Cherry Black/Black AWD ($27,145)2/19/20

2021 Seltos EX
Cherry Black/Black AWD ($27,145)2/19/20

Please reach out to me at (630) 445-2542 if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a test drive with me. Thanks for the read!

·
203 Posts
The thing is, Mars Orange is actually red. Red is somewhat popular although not my personal favorite.

(Not to be confused with Punchy Orange, not available in the US)

·
25 Posts
Interesting, about 1k extra for sunroof and paint, I don't see ventalated seats either? The Seltos in India have ventalated seats, a HUD, 360 views. Seems we are getting less for the top of the line version in the US. The 2022 will probably add those features with more paint options is my guess. The only thing I think might make it worth extra would be the electronic brake which let's you use the auto hold feature. I'm in between wanting SX vs EX but I was really wanting ventalated seats. It's hot in AZ.

·
203 Posts
Interesting, about 1k extra for sunroof and paint, I don't see ventilated seats either? The Seltos in India have ventilated seats, a HUD, 360 views. Seems we are getting less for the top of the line version in the US. The 2022 will probably add those features with more paint options is my guess. The only thing I think might make it worth extra would be the electronic brake which let's you use the auto hold feature. I'm in between wanting SX vs EX but I was really wanting ventilated seats. It's hot in AZ.
I live in AZ too. But I am cheap and would probably choose the FWD S because it has everything I want. :geek:
I am in contact with all the Valley dealers, so I will post here when I know some Seltos have arrived to view. The earliest I have heard from two dealers is February 2nd. None so far are expecting an SX soon but you never know.

·
25 Posts
I live in AZ too. But I am cheap and would probably choose the FWD S because it has everything I want. :geek:
I am in contact with all the Valley dealers, so I will post here when I know some Seltos have arrived to view. The earliest I have heard from two dealers is February 2nd. None so far are expecting an SX soon but you never know.
I'm not on a rush my wife is due for a new car this year or next to replace her 10 year old Santa fe, but she wants a smaller cross over. We want rear vents for the kids but only the Ex and SX have them I think. We may look at the sportage too but I research stuff months ahead of time. I know I did for my car before I bought it. But decided to wait for next model year to get the better equipment. I just think Kia should offer similar equipment on their top spec cars. If an optima comes with ventalated seats and a HUD the top trim of the Seltos should to. But it's still probably a good value for the money just depends more on how well it will deal with daily commutes, kids groceries etc. But I love my ventalated seats especially if you have to have leather. I'm curious to see them I'll be getting an oil change around Feb 7th wonder if they will have some on the lot.

·
203 Posts
I'm not on a rush my wife is due for a new car this year or next to replace her 10 year old Santa fe, but she wants a smaller cross over. We want rear vents for the kids but only the Ex and SX have them I think. We may look at the sportage too but I research stuff months ahead of time. I know I did for my car before I bought it. But decided to wait for next model year to get the better equipment. I just think Kia should offer similar equipment on their top spec cars. If an optima comes with ventalated seats and a HUD the top trim of the Seltos should to. But it's still probably a good value for the money just depends more on how well it will deal with daily commutes, kids groceries etc. But I love my ventalated seats especially if you have to have leather. I'm curious to see them I'll be getting an oil change around Feb 7th wonder if they will have some on the lot.
I am the same way about researching. I look at anything that interests me long before I need it or ready to buy.

·
25 Posts
I am the same way about researching. I look at anything that interests me long before I need it or ready to buy.
Thats the best way to be, you know what you are getting. I wonder if they will have any KMF discounts for the Seltos or lease cash etc. I know they did that with the Stinger but that is a completly different price point and vehicle. It will be interesting to see this roll out.

·
203 Posts
Thats the best way to be, you know what you are getting. I wonder if they will have any KMF discounts for the Seltos or lease cash etc. I know they did that with the Stinger but that is a completly different price point and vehicle. It will be interesting to see this roll out.
Yeah, I am hoping for incentives at some point. I know people would say not on a newer model, but I have seen companies give them across the board.

·
2 Posts
Interesting, about 1k extra for sunroof and paint, I don't see ventalated seats either? The Seltos in India have ventalated seats, a HUD, 360 views. Seems we are getting less for the top of the line version in the US. The 2022 will probably add those features with more paint options is my guess. The only thing I think might make it worth extra would be the electronic brake which let's you use the auto hold feature. I'm in between wanting SX vs EX but I was really wanting ventalated seats. It's hot in AZ.
I don't see Surround View Camera on that. I really hope they didn't remove that when everyone says it will have it. That will be a dealbreaker for my GF who's very excited for the Seltos. And i'm sad I don't see the ventilated seats. Why handicap themselves by removing features they clearly have available. Just give us the option for everything at the top trim. If it costs more, fine.

·
25 Posts
Ibu
I don't see Surround View Camera on that. I really hope they didn't remove that when everyone says it will have it. That will be a dealbreaker for my GF who's very excited for the Seltos. And i'm sad I don't see the ventilated seats. Why handicap themselves by removing features they clearly have available. Just give us the option for everything at the top trim. If it costs more, fine.
This is what they do typically for first year roll outs it's all hype sell as much off of that, then add extra things for the next model year. You will get alot more features if you hold out for 2022 model they will then add the ventalated seats and surround monitor etc. They did the exact thing with the Stinger the 2nd model year got all the stuff that the other countries got mostly from the start. Problem Kia doesn't realize or care is that people look online and clearly see these options are availae for production but that Kia is choosing to hold back at launch in the US Market. So far India has a pop up heads up display, surround view monitor, and ventilated seats. We only get heated seats, back up camera, and no hud. I hope they have a package that can add it but based on the sticker here it's not included. If we can wait for next model year maybe we will but there may be other options out there. Plus for 30k they should include all that when competitors are at that price point. I miss the days when you could pay extra for features but everything is a package now. Again hope I'm wrong and there is a package out there that adds but based on the roll outs from Kia it will be in next year's model.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since working for Kia, They will probably have a package available for the SX that will get those remaining items like the ventilated seats and HUD. I could be wrong but that’s what they have done in the past. Also I find it interesting that I have not seen any allocation of SX’s as of yet.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since working for Kia, They will probably have a package available for the SX that will get those remaining items like the ventilated seats and HUD. I could be wrong but that’s what they have done in the past. Also I find it interesting that I have not seen any allocation of SX’s as of yet.

·
25 Posts
I'm hoping so too! it's still early I'm assuming we will know when the website goes live with the build feature. I'm assuming it will launch with their Superbowl ad if not right before. So not much longer to wait.

·
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
171 Posts
Ibu

Problem Kia doesn't realize or care is that people look online and clearly see these options are available for production but that Kia is choosing to hold back at launch in the US Market.
keep in mind it's the distributor (Kia Motors America) that specifies how they want their vehicles equipped, not Kia Motors themselves.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts