Kia Seltos Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
203 Posts
View attachment 273 that is the same spot for the follow distance but that symbol is different maybe they changed the symbol but it looks like the lane keep assist icon when the lane assist is engaged on my car so I'd probably play around with it when driving to figure it out.
That is how it is pictured in the manual that was in the glove box.

·
2 Posts
Website has build feature up as I suspected missing alot of the features on the top trim other countries have ?. No ventalated seats, no Hud, no surround view monitors. Don't see options to add either.
I wont be buying Kia as a result of this. I really do not understand their logic. It's hard to find cars with these options, they could have really put some distance between themselves and competitors. Instead they've pissed me off and I will be looking at other brands.

Finding some really nice deals on CPO Mercedes. They wont have 360 camera either, but if I'm not getting a camera, I may as well get much nicer car for similar price.

·
25 Posts
I know the frustration I'm with you 100 percent. It's like going for a base hit when you could have a home run. Sadly I've come to expect this on the US roll outs. I'm looking at the Sportage as I can get an EX with the tech package and add auto lift gate, ventalated seats, and a panoramic sun roof that is not that much more than the SX seltos price. Plus with room to negotiate I think I can get there. The base engine on the sportage is practically the same hp and torque on the Seltos SX turbo and has similar space in cabin and a little bit more cargo space in back. Just not a fan of the looks compared with the Seltos but I hope that Kia motors America or whoever is responsible for options and roll outs takes notes that this pisses people off when we see the Seltos in India for a 2020 model that has 360 camera, Hud, ventalated seats and then we get a 2021 Seltos without those features. I complained about this on their facee book page and I hope someone from corporate is taking note on forums too. But that doesn't help for this model year. 2022 will add those features. They just figure the majority of people don't research or care so for those of us that do it pisses us off. Plus for the money competitors are offering similar features. Like you said they had a great opportunity to wow people with the tech then hold back. LIke getting a 75 inch TV but it is below HD quality. Why give the thing a 10 inch screen and fail to take advantage of a 360 system on it? This pissed people off on the 2018 Stingers too then the next year model had 360 camera, ventalated seats etc etc. They will still sell alot but they don't realize how competitive the market is and missing a few of these features is a make or break for some people.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I couldn't agree more. I represent Kia and it does get frustrating. I have also represented a few other brands in my career and I will never understand the logic behind specific decisions they make. The Stinger was by far the most annoying, we had a Korean spec one in our dealer as a display to show customers before our American ones arrived. We felt pretty dumb when the Stinger showed up missing three important features that we had been telling everyone it would have. It gives us a bad wrap. But nonetheless, I have a strong feeling there will actually be a mid year upgrade. A lot of people didn't know about it when they did that with the Telluride. People were complaining that you could not get captains chairs on the 2020 Kia Telluride EX. A few months later and boom there it was on the website.

·
25 Posts
I
I couldn't agree more. I represent Kia and it does get frustrating. I have also represented a few other brands in my career and I will never understand the logic behind specific decisions they make. The Stinger was by far the most annoying, we had a Korean spec one in our dealer as a display to show customers before our American ones arrived. We felt pretty dumb when the Stinger showed up missing three important features that we had been telling everyone it would have. It gives us a bad wrap. But nonetheless, I have a strong feeling there will actually be a mid year upgrade. A lot of people didn't know about it when they did that with the Telluride. People were complaining that you could not get captains chairs on the 2020 Kia Telluride EX. A few months later and boom there it was on the website.
I hope that happens, the cars are great but it is those decisions that leave you scratching your head. And when this goes mainstream after Superbowl people will Google it and see the stuff that's out there online mostly from India that has those features that are not available on the US versions. And it will depend on how much those features matter and the knowledge that they are produced in other places with those features. It won't stop people from buying them its still a great deal, but I bet there is a percentage that doesn't buy for that reason and then Kia misses out. And you know someone can be looking at an EX sportage in your showroom that has all these features and is 2020 then they take a look at the 2021 Seltos doesn't have those features on an SX top model it makes you guys look bad even though you can't control it. My wife didn't care much about the Hud, the surround view is nice but we could overlook that but being in AZ where it is hot, she wants the ventalated seats, and that might be the dealbreaker so we most likely will look at other options. They should add more on the SX models or at least add a tech package like they do for the Sportage. People will pay for it, but if it's not available they may go elsewhere. I'm curious how many people will cross shop the Sportage and Seltos and bypass the Seltos for the feature availability on other model. Either way the launches are interesting to watch, they have a great product but I think they could add more and really highlight what you get vs competition at the price point with a few different decisions and options. Another thing I notice with Kia launches are they seem to offer less color options than in other places, then the next model year they bring those color options to the US. Again if you have it just offer it! From a production standpoint they are already building them and painting them this way. It seems like they go out of their way to differentiate the US models when we would be happy with what they are producing anyways. I'm hoping to take look at one here next week when I have my oil change. To see the size and how functional it is in person. I'm sure you guys will get alot of Interest In it. I see Tellurides now everywhere and they look great. Just too big for our needs.

·
203 Posts
Website has build feature up as I suspected missing alot of the features on the top trim other countries have ?. No ventalated seats, no Hud, no surround view monitors. Don't see options to add either.
Hey MMB22......Looked at some more Seltos today. I looked in the owner's manual and it mentioned HUD in "some models".
I forgot to check for ventilated seats in the manual.

·
25 Posts
Ye
Hey MMB22......Looked at some more Seltos today. I looked in the owner's manual and it mentioned HUD in "some models".
I forgot to check for ventilated seats in the manual.
Yeah maybe they will add it eventually. I was at the dealership today getting an oil change and they had a Seltos and Sportage right next to each other. I think after looking at the two I would Def lean more towards the Sportage, the cabin feels more upscale and the room was a bit better I thought. It's Def a step up in terms of space from the Soul, I just think by end of year I could get a 2020 Sportage EX with tech package for 29k.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts