Kia Seltos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on hardwiring a dashcam into my Seltos. Using the interior Fuse Box as the tap for power.

I opted to use the fuse labeled "Power Adapter", assuming it was the fuse for the 12v adapter in the center console.

I removed the fuse and to confirm, I tried using the 12v adapter. To my surprise, it still worked. Both USBs in the front as well as the rear USB worked. The only accessory that wasn't working was the Qi charger. The fuse is 20a; one of the larger in the fuse box.

Curious if anyone knows how that would work. I see a bunch of fuses labeled "Module" followed by a number.

Just confused at this point and trying to understand how the fuse box works.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found a more descriptive diagram in the manual. Still a bit confusing though and figured I would share.

The description for Power Outlet is "Front Power Outlet #2 (USB), Joint Connector (JM04)" - so maybe that Front Power Outlet #2 was the wireless charger, however, Module 5's description includes "Wireless Charger".

Maybe one supplies power, the other supplies the controller to the wireless charger?

·
2 Posts
I have the same question and just got a Kia Seltos. What fuse outlet did you end up using for the dash cam power?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For now, I am using the Power Adapter fuse. It's a 20a fuse 1-up and 1-left from the bottom right of the interior box.

It's only given power when the car is in Acc or Powered up, which is what I want.

·
2 Posts
For now, I am using the Power Adapter fuse. It's a 20a fuse 1-up and 1-left from the bottom right of the interior box.

It's only given power when the car is in Acc or Powered up, which is what I want.
That's very helpful. I will try that one thanks for the Acc wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts