Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded phone to Android 12 over the weekend. Now Kia Access app doesn't work. If I uninstall and reinstall, it works exactly once...then tapping on the icon results in nothing. If I to to Playstore and display apps already installed on my phone and pick Kia Access from that list, I can start in repeatedly....!? If I go to owners.kia.com I can send the commands no problem from there either.... SOmething is odd. Created a case for Kia...below...but wondered if other people don't have this problem....?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi - got a new phone and tested Kia Access last week while the phone was on Android 11. Over the weekend it upgraded to Android 12. Every other app seems to be working fine except Kia Access. If I uninstall the app and re-install from Playstore, it works once - can lock, unlock doors etc etc. But after that when I tap on the Kia Access icon on the phone, it doesn't do anything. But, if I go to the Playstore and have it display my existing apps, I can start the app repeatedly OK from there and do the lock, unlock etc. fine...???!!! If I go to owners.kia.com, I can perform the functions from there no problem (lock, unlock doors etc.) The only thing on the phone that changed is Android 12 from what I can tell... Please help as we have a big trip at the end of April and I REALLY like to have Kia Access app ready to go! I will attach screen shots of installing it from scratch, and also starting it from the list of my Apps as shown via Playstore.... Thanks.... Doug

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I messed around with permissions on the phone for the Kia Access app...and that seems to have fixed it - here's what the permission screens now look like on Android 12.

·
5 Posts
I also recently updated to Android 12, and have had nothing but problems ever since. I am using Android Auto, which worked great before, not now. Sometimes things work, more often I get an "oops something went wrong" message, or "can't connect" before it does connect. Voice commands, checking messages, answering the phone, trying to get nav to work, trying to get Pandora to play, it's all become glitchy. Since it does sometimes work, I'm thinking it's not anything to do with my phone settings.

·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oi....I have built in navigation so don't use AA on an ongoing basis. I see repeated articles about AA problems in my news feed which doesn't give you a good feel. Did you adjust the app permissions as mentioned above? Assuming you have the "plug it in every time" way of connecting?

·
5 Posts
Oi....I have built in navigation so don't use AA on an ongoing basis. I see repeated articles about AA problems in my news feed which doesn't give you a good feel. Did you adjust the app permissions as mentioned above? Assuming you have the "plug it in every time" way of connecting?
I've double checked my phone settings....all is fine. It works ok with a different car (Chevy Traverse). It works sometimes with the Seltos, but not usually. Not since getting Android 12.

·
5 Posts
Just discovered this lovely info - which is probably behind my problems :

Is Google Assistant driving mode replacing Android Auto?

Unfortunately, Google has replaced Android Auto app mode with Google Assistant driving mode on Android 12. This is probably because Google Assistant driving mode is easier to access for most Android users than Android Auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts