Kia Seltos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the latest 2022 update? Is the wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto now implemented for the 12-1/4 screen (SX Turbo)?

Thanks in advance.

I have downloaded the update to a 64GB USB flash drive but I haven't installed it because it takes 1+ hours to install. It's a waste of gas to have the car idle while the update is being installed.

·
2022 SX Turbo - Gravity Grey / Burgundy Interior
196 Posts
I haven’t installed any update, but I doubt that it is.
Honestly, a carlinkit 3.0 from Amazon works perfectly in this regards, highly recommend for any CarPlay equipped vehicle that you want to go wireless with.

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, a carlinkit 3.0 from Amazon works perfectly in this regards, highly recommend for any CarPlay equipped vehicle that you want to go wireless with.

Carlinkit 3.0 is expensive. I'll wait for the update that will enable wireless AC/AA on my 12.25 screen.

·
2022 seltos, Cherry black on white SX
2 Posts

My only issue with carlinkit and other aftermarket CarPlay units is that the only USB that works with CarPlay in the seltos is “always powered” which leads to the aftermarket units always being on/connected

·
196 Posts
True, but the current draw is very minimal and our vehicles (at least the ones with auto start/stop) utilize a deep discharge AGM battery, so unless you plan on leaving it sitting for a year straight it probably won’t have any affect.

·
2022 EX, Neptune Blue, Sunroof
4 Posts
From what a Kia rep explained to me the large screen is 3 screens smooshed together due to the shortages (of everything) and engineers could not implement wireless CarPlay because of latency issues and will never be updated. I heard this from Springfield which was the #1 dealer in the US in 2020 and 2021 and their training was extensive.

·
304 Posts
I just checked and the April update is still the latest which I installed - no sign of wireless AA - and I don't expect to see it. Genesis cars, at least certain ones, are still wired from what I read....

·
18 Posts
I just checked and the April update is still the latest which I installed - no sign of wireless AA - and I don't expect to see it. Genesis cars, at least certain ones, are still wired from what I read....
I had a Genesis G70 and it also used wired AA.

Carlinkit 3.0 is expensive. I'll wait for the update that will enable wireless AC/AA on my 12.25 screen.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will end up waiting indefinitely. A software update cannot enable wireless AA because it requires WiFi, these cars don't have the necessary hardware for it. You will be stuck with wired AA unless you install some sort of aftermarket solution (like the one listed a few posts above).

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a Genesis G70 and it also used wired AA.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will end up waiting indefinitely. A software update cannot enable wireless AA because it requires WiFi, these cars don't have the necessary hardware for it. You will be stuck with wired AA unless you install some sort of aftermarket solution (like the one listed a few posts above).
You are right. I guess the hardware that is needed for wireless AA/AC does not exist in KIA/Hyundai cars with 12.25 display. I recently bought a Hyundai with 8” display AA/AC is wireless, and, you have to enable WiFi on your mobile device to wirelessly do AA/AC.

·
18 Posts
You are right. I guess the hardware that is needed for wireless AA/AC does not exist in KIA/Hyundai cars with 12.25 display. I recently bought a Hyundai with 8” display AA/AC is wireless, and, you have to enable WiFi on your mobile device to wirelessly do AA/AC.

And here we both bought the highest trim Seltos with the 12" display thinking it would have all the bells and whistles. It's definitely a bit of a let down.... 😕

Wireless AA/APC would be very nice to have.

·
106 Posts
Regarding the Carlinkit 4.0 for Android. I've stopped using mine. The audio dropouts in almost every app were just unacceptable. Google-specific apps like YouTube Music and Google Books were fine but Audible, Chirp Books, and pretty much every non-Google audio app I tried suffered horrendously with audio dropouts. No dropouts when plugged in. Using a flagship phone. Can't speak for CarPlay on it as I haven't tested it.

Will update the main Carlinkit 4.0 thread if a future update to either the Carlinkit or Kia software corrects it.

·
196 Posts
Regarding the Carlinkit 4.0 for Android. I've stopped using mine. The audio dropouts in almost every app were just unacceptable. Google-specific apps like YouTube Music and Google Books were fine but Audible, Chirp Books, and pretty much every non-Google audio app I tried suffered horrendously with audio dropouts. No dropouts when plugged in. Using a flagship phone. Can't speak for CarPlay on it as I haven't tested it.

Will update the main Carlinkit 4.0 thread if a future update to either the Carlinkit or Kia software corrects it.
Haven’t experienced any issues with CarPlay and the carlinkit 3.0, but then again I don’t use any of the reader apps to listen to audio books either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts